OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dymond wood strikers

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, June 02, 2015, 10:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbleandgrunt

Would someone please explain to me about dymond wood strikers. I thought I had a couple, but I dont. How can dymond wood be made of differnt kinds of woods? I am  rellativily new to pot calls, two years or so. I see dymond wood made of alibaster, then some made of massaar/ cocoborro. Please explain.

SteelerFan

Dymondwood is made from resin impregnated dyed veneers that are glued up under high heat and pressure. This makes a wood product that has a consistent density, is fade resistant and offers many design possibilities.

Veneers are usually birch / maple...

http://rutply.com/404e.html

Gobbleandgrunt

Thank you so much! So when people say it isn't being made, it's because this company burned. Great info!!

West Augusta

All Dymondwood is basically the same.  The different names refer to the color of the finished product.  RutPly made a lot of different colors of Dymondwood and gave each color combination a different name.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

ZachH28

Is laminate the same thing as Dymonwood? Some callmakers advertise laminate strikers and I was wondering if that meant Dymondwood.

thanks
Zach

mastevt

Laminate is a term used when they glue multiple layers together.  Yes, Diamondwood is a laminate, so is spectreply, and no, they are not the same.    The term is also used when making pots with multiple woods glued together.  I do alot of laminate pots.  Hope this helps.