turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lamar Williams Anodized Aluminum

Started by hunter22, June 01, 2015, 07:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Curious if anyone hunts their Limited Edition anodized aluminum call made by Lamar? If you don't you should. I know it will hurt the value to take it out of its package but you are missing out if you don't. I own and have played a lot of great aluminum calls and never run one that sounds any better than Lamar's. This one will be in my vest opening day next spring.

mgm1955

Great looking call! Maybe a soundfile?

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

KentuckyHeadhunter

Its tough to hunt with those "collector" calls but it means more to you and the maker when you put some blood on it! :boon:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Matt k

I have one that must have made it out after the limited edition run, cam with a different striker.

Will_price

Member of The Tenth, since 2005

drenalinld

This looks just like the pot Battey designed. Was this a joint effort?

West Augusta

I agree on the sound of this one.  I'd love to hunt it but may hang onto it for a while longer before I do.

I believe that I heard that Lamar bought the last run of pots from the Battey design pot for the Old Yeller call to make this pot call out of.  After this there were never anymore produced.  The Black on Gold color Old Yellers used a different pot design not the Battey design and never did sound quite as good.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Matt k

When I bought mine lamar told me he went through all kinds of different pot combos ( the pots chemical makeup or resins) to find the right sound for his. Lot of time and investment on his end.

mgm1955

Thanks Rickey. That is a great sounding pot and I'm sure will be the last things a lot of gobblers hear!!