turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Closest yet

Started by ruination, May 23, 2015, 10:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

Persistence and patience will get the job done. Sounds like you have it together and you'll get there.

Cut N Run

Sounds like you got everything but the kill.  Stick with it & good luck next year.  Success will be that much sweeter because you've had to work for it.

A buddy of mine killed a 2 year old gobbler in less than 1 hour into his first ever turkey hunt.  Now, he thinks there's nothing to turkey hunting and it is easy to call in and kill a gobbler. 

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

TRG3

Regardless of which shoulder you normally shoot from, if you hunt long enough you'll have opposite shoulder shots presented. Last season I sat up for a right handed shot based on the last four gobblers that I'd taken from this big cottonwood tree on the point of a thicket; however, the gobbler came from my right making it necessary for me to shut my right eye forcing me to use my left eye as I squeezed the trigger with a left handed 40 yards shot. He flopped for a few minutes as I gathered my decoys. One deer season, I took a couple of does shooting from my left shoulder, utilizing a Horton knee pod to steady my H&R Ultra Slug Hunter. You might want to try a few left handed shots with a .22 to get used to the awkward feeling before moving up to a shotgun's recoil. Shooting from the opposite shoulder is not a hard thing to do, but it does feel uncomfortable. Just concentrate on the shot and it will probably work out.