Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Best Sounding Slate&Glass Call They Are Out There Lets Hear Um?

Started by MossyOak1971, March 27, 2011, 09:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmbailey2010

IMO, I like the Pro Custom Glass by Cane Creek Calls.  I use my own custom striker with it and the combo is unreal!!  Its def. pure turkey and I don't leave home without it.

pappy

" The best sounding slate, or any call for that matter, is the one that matches the sound you have in your head that you like to hear. "
THIS IS SO TRUE..............
The callmakers here will tell you, it is all about what the bird is looking for that day, just about all of these guys make a killer pot in that combo, just watch out for price gouging...lol.....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Grasshopper

Perfection has been hand making mouth calls for over 35 years. We also make a great sounding  glass/slate call . Glass on one side, slate on the other. Listen for yourself simply click on the call on our website look for the listen to audio box and hear this great sounding call

pittboss

The best sounding slate call imo would have to be the Stowe-Away call by Lewis Stowe of Belmont NC.  As shootum said it's all about the sound in the woods that counts! This is my favorite go to call and has killed more gobblers in the last ten years than any other call I own.

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

slicksbeagles1

i have to say Derby City Game Calls Spur slate over glass, all of Tim Claytons calls, SS custom calls, i could go on but can't remember the others i am at work and not where i can looks at my calls. i like to change up so the trukeys don't hear the same thing over and over.

flydowntn

Shoot me a PM and I will play one of my slate over glass. S.P. Calls

Thanks
Shane
S. P. Game Calls

Scout24

Quote from: rmbailey2010 on March 27, 2011, 10:28:09 PM
IMO, I like the Pro Custom Glass by Cane Creek Calls.  I use my own custom striker with it and the combo is unreal!!  Its def. pure turkey and I don't leave home without it.
Agree with this. Go to the Cane Creek website and watch him play his calls, you'll buy one. Bought the slate Pro Custom this year and love it. Raspy with lots of rollover, purrs, clucks and cutts effortlessly,  for $35. It's nothing fancy like some on here but the sound it produces is perfect, IMO. Have bought customs for twice as much that are collecting dust in a box in the basement. This is one of the four pots that will be forever in my vest.

GC

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt