OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The Best Sounding Slate&Glass Call They Are Out There Lets Hear Um?

Started by MossyOak1971, March 27, 2011, 09:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MossyOak1971

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
In your opinion what is the best slate&glass call made on the market or handmade?

:thanks:

shootumindaface

Any time you ask for the best? You are gonna get a whole bunch of opinions.. IMO There are calls that have no business being called a turkey call, calls that will kill a turkey, and a special group of calls that are capable of highly realistic turkey talk..

With that being said our bronzed glass is as realistic as anything on the market..

NYbassman

I will ditto everything Shootum said! Two calls I have run recently that left me sating "wow" after running them, were the hooks bronzed glass that shootum mentioned and david hallorans crystal mistress.Don't think you can go wrong with either of these.

We also have some very good custom callmakers here, including some on all 3 levels that shootum mentioned. A couple other great pot calls are andy kaisers and supreme calls.

scoot12

WillowRidgeCalls,Andy Kaiser and A-J calls makes some fine pot calls.  Every call sounds unique and has its own sound.  I don't know if there is a best sounding pot because its whats the turkeys want to hear that day.  I forgot Dave Tyrees sassy glass and Steve Harrisons bronze glass are great also.  Some of the best advice I have had is get really good on a few pots and you will call in a lot of turks.  Scoot

Cut*N*Run

Quote from: scoot12 on March 27, 2011, 10:31:06 AM
I don't know if there is a best sounding pot because its whats the turkeys want to hear that day.

neal

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 27, 2011, 09:30:37 AM
Any time you ask for the best? You are gonna get a whole bunch of opinions.. IMO There are calls that have no business being called a turkey call, calls that will kill a turkey, and a special group of calls that are capable of highly realistic turkey talk..

With that being said our bronzed glass is as realistic as anything on the market..

+1!!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Florida Marine

Quote from: NYbassman on March 27, 2011, 10:15:34 AM
I will ditto everything Shootum said! Two calls I have run recently that left me sating "wow" after running them, were the hooks bronzed glass that shootum mentioned and david hallorans crystal mistress.Don't think you can go wrong with either of these.

We also have some very good custom callmakers here, including some on all 3 levels that shootum mentioned. A couple other great pot calls are andy kaisers and supreme calls.

Pardon the ignorance...but what exactly is Bronze Glass?  Found the call on the Hooks web site, but no clear explanation.

Sean
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.

-Ronald Reagan

Cut*N*Run

Quote from: Florida Marine on March 27, 2011, 12:04:43 PM

Pardon the ignorance...but what exactly is Bronze Glass?  Found the call on the Hooks web site, but no clear explanation.

Sean

Just a different type of glass- different composition. The sound off of it is a little higher pitch and sounds a lot like crystal.

letinmfly

The best sounding slate, or any call for that matter, is the one that matches the sound you have in your head that you like to hear.  There are many good callmakers that you can choose from.  I would suggest that you contact some/all of them and let them play their calls for you to hear and make your choice from there.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

shootumindaface

Quote from: Cut*N*Run on March 27, 2011, 12:19:19 PM
Quote from: Florida Marine on March 27, 2011, 12:04:43 PM

Sean

Just a different type of glass- different composition. The sound off of it is a little higher pitch and sounds a lot like crystal.

That is my opinion as well.. I have always preferred the very high not of crystal over glass, but this bronzed has changed my perspective on this..

The kee kee on it are crisp, clear and effortless.

Scout24

As NY Bassman stated, Halloran's Crystal Mistress "Wowed!" me as well (and I'll never admit how many pot calls I've wasted money on).

nx95240

A-J calls .....makes some fine pot calls i have two of them

drum817

There are A LOT to choose from and it really comes down to personal preference....that being said I personally Love the SS Custom Calls Bronzed glass, Slate over glass and Their Ceramic pot calls.  They are all 110% turkey !

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

va longbeard

Have a ton of pots and there alot of great makers out there.

My favorite glass is a Tim Clayton double dealer, it is hard to beat that call.

My favorite slate is a Roger Parks gobbler slate.

My favorite aluminum is a Darrin Dawkins pot.