OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Silencing box calls

Started by Terry, May 20, 2015, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

How do you guys keep your box calls silent while walking? I was using a piece of cloth over the lid, but it rubbed off too much of the chalk.

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

callmakerman

I just use an old piece of scotch brite and a hair tie. Black hair ties at wally world cost a few bucks for around 15. They work great for keeping scratch box and striker together as well.

strutnrut

Nothing like a good call case. I use a Keith Smith on my hen box but I use a cord or leather strap but it's easy on a hen box because of the handle. On a Cost style I used a rubberband it's better than nothing.

MG150

ridgerunner

Two rubber bands...the wide ones...one rubber band wrapped around box, between paddle and box calling surface, and one rubber band over top paddle around the box...problem solved...just slide rubber bands off box right on to wrist when you need to call, when you are on the move, slide em back on box call

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

davisd9

I just put a rubber band around the box and lid.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

eddie234

I've got a box call silencer I got from Midwest turkey supply and the ones from primos

jepcho

I usually just use rubber bands, but I am interested in those primos lock jaws.  I may order them and try them out to see how they work.

Terry

I just bought some off ebay. $5 shipped

mgm1955

Quote from: davisd9 on May 20, 2015, 05:38:47 PM
I just put a rubber band around the box and lid.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
x2

Muzzy61

Quote from: ridgerunner on May 20, 2015, 03:23:50 PM
Two rubber bands...the wide ones...one rubber band wrapped around box, between paddle and box calling surface, and one rubber band over top paddle around the box...problem solved...just slide rubber bands off box right on to wrist when you need to call, when you are on the move, slide em back on box call

I've always just used one large rubber band, but I like this idea.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

VanHelden Game Calls

Primos bands work great!!   I have used them for a few years and can say they work great and as I was concerned about plastic "oils" leaching into the call it has been a non issue.

I do not store with them on only for "in the hunt scenario".

kyturkeyhunter4

Rubber bands works great for me.