OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strutting Hen

Started by JK Spurs, May 17, 2015, 10:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perrytrails

I was scouting earlier this year, had this one come up to the road and hang around for awhile. When I was about to leave, I called a few more times and she went into strut. First time I'd ever seen it.

TauntoHawk

Yeah its pretty cool to see, seems to be a real dominant hen thing
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Chilly on May 18, 2015, 08:34:44 AM
Seen it one time last year.  Called this hen in that had been yelping back at me and to be honest, she sounded so bad, I though it was a hunter.  She came in to our decoy and started immediately strutting.  What she did next really threw me for a loop.  She gobbled.  Did not sound anything like a gobbler but if I hadn't see it with my own two eyes at 20 yards I wouldn't have believed it.  She hung around for another 10 minutes and slowly left.  Pretty weird.

Just crazy cool! I'm glad I had some conformation here.  :funnyturkey: I almost dropped the hammer on the gobbling hen I saw. It wasn't like any gobble I herd before,which made me more hesitant. Just a great site to see.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

VanHelden Game Calls

Quote from: perrytrails on May 18, 2015, 08:51:39 AM

I was scouting earlier this year, had this one come up to the road and hang around for awhile. When I was about to leave, I called a few more times and she went into strut. First time I'd ever seen it.

Do I see spurs?  Not sure what to make of this one.

perrytrails

Here's the video I shot just before she went into strut. Clearly a hen.

VanHelden Game Calls