turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I hate coyotes

Started by Onpoint, May 12, 2015, 07:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Drove down to a wma in tennessee this morning. Found a bird that wanted to play the game. He was originally about 200 yards out and he had closed the distance to less than 100. He goes quiet and I figure he's coming on in. Several minutes go by and finally i hear walking but it don't sound like a turkey. Out pops a coyote from the direct on the gobbler was. I let him trot on by but he made rhe mistake of coming back and heading back down towards where the birds were. I shot him on the run at about 20 yards, don't think it was ar good hit. He jumped up and bit at his side back toward his gut. And kept goin.

I haven't got up yet cuz I'm hoping this gobbler will get going again eventually. Early season was awesome, got a few birds and a couple limb hangers, but late season has been tough. I hate them damn coyotes. a couple weeks ago and damn beagle messed me up a couple times. Every time a bird would tune up he'd go right to them, barking every step of the way. I've let him run by me twice. I won't let him do it a 3rd time. I'm sick of dogs, coyotes and idiots.

davisd9

Sorry about the coyote messing you up.  Got a pot call for sale?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Onpoint

Quote from: davisd9 on May 12, 2015, 08:47:11 AM
I might would sell a couple.

Onpoint

Quote from: Onpoint on May 12, 2015, 08:57:11 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on May 12, 2015, 08:47:11 AM
I might would sell a couple.
I didn't realize I posted this in the call classifieds

Thought I had went back to the general discussion.

Lord.
Shannon if you want to you can delete this thread, it's just a meaningless rant.

davisd9

It happens to the best of us.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

packmule

Please post a picture for this section  :toothy12:

jordanz7935

The only good coyotes are dead ones.As for the beagle, i wouldnt reccomend shooting someones pet. Id track down the owner and go about it the right way. It definately sucks when people dont keep track of their pets ive dealt with it before.And beleive me ive run into several "idiots" posing as turkey hunters this year alone. I dont let them bother me too much because the way i see it i have every advantage over guys like that. Best of luck on closing out your season.

SteelerFan

Does the coyote come with a striker???
  ;D  ;D

(Lord...I apologize)

WV TURKEY THUG

atleast you hit the yote. and them "feral" dogs are a real pain sss. it is obvisouly not someones pet because who would let there dog run the woods on a wma. around here they dont make it one day on a wma. the dog might not be big but it can and will run a deer down till its so exhausted that it cant even run anymore putting alot of stress on the deer with fawns has to be harmful. not to mention if it finds a hen with a early hatch it possibly could kill some poults. i owned hunting dogs an house dogs all my life so i am no dog hater. some just need to be killed because the harm they are doing to wildlife. same with cats

grayfox

Turkey hunting does that to you man.  It's a wonder you even remember where you hunting at. Glad you shot that coyote!

Onpoint

Quote from: SteelerFan on May 12, 2015, 11:02:09 AM
Does the coyote come with a striker???
  ;D  ;D

(Lord...I apologize)
lmao.

well boys I'm calling it a day. Time to make the 2 hour walk back to the truck then another 2 hours of driving

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field