OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OH/IN outfitter suggestions?

Started by stringtown, May 10, 2015, 04:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtown

We are starting to plan our 2016 trip.  Any recs on someone that hunts both states or 2 outfitters that are close to the state line?  We usually try to hit 2 states per trip if possible. 

thanks in advance and feel free to message me if easier. 

stringtown

Looks like I may have the Indiana half of hunt done. Just need some Ohio refernces. Appreciate it

matchbook454

Check out Of field Outfitting in IN.  John LaGue.  I haven't hunted with him personally but had him recommended to me.  I follow him on facebook and can see he has a great success rate and that he does his scouting for his clients.  Good rates too.  I will definitely be hunting with him.

aaron

You are going to have a tough time finding an outfitter in far western ohio.   The turkey population is pretty sparse.  there are birds, but not of any numbers that you are going to have very many outfitters, if any at all without getting at least some ways away from the IN/OH line.  look towards the far SW, around and just east of cincy.

stringtown

have Ohio at this point and waiting to hear back from a couple IN outfitters.  thought i would check on info for these states too.

thanks