Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Made in the USA, is it important to you, if so help me out here.

Started by Strick9, May 07, 2015, 11:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strick9

DSD Decoys, Yes Made in the USA, others?

Shotguns?

Custom Pot Calls, yes, how about the others?

Diaphragms, I can see these getting outsourced, maybe call out the ones made overseas.

Camoflauge Manufacturers, Here is a biggy, list how many you know or use that are made in the USA..

At the end of this list lets all try to steer our purchases to the direction of buying from USA Producers, it only makes sense.. 

LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Remturkey

Strick9

Wow this is a pitifull and shameful showing indeed. Guess folks either don't know or don't care, which is it?
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

catman529

My H&R shotgun is made in China, one thing I don't like about it.

Most of my calls are made from the woods here where I live, mainly bamboo and turkeys. I don't know where Woodhaven mouth calls are made but I have a couple of those and one from Gooserbat.

Sent from the talk of tap

Bowguy

Danner boots are made in USA and can be added to your list. Some red wings. Some anyway. It's very important to me n I live it. Don't buy anything Chinese or Asian for damn sure if I can help it.  Don't have a single electronic device except my phone and Foxpro.
No, computer, tv or anything. most guys won't make such sacrifices. Better to find the product than find reasons you don't buy USA

bghunter777

It does not bother me if it is not made in the USA. Many times outsourcing portions of products or the entire product allows a company to be competitive and employ 100s or 1000s of people in the US where as if they only sold US built items they would not be able to compete and therefore never have been in business to begin with. As far as quality if you are a smart consumer products produced overseas often are very good quality. Many people are simply ignorant to the fact we are a global world and economy 1900 has come and gone. Having said that if its your personal preference to spend your money on only 100% USA built items to each their own but someone who does not is not less American.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Bowguy on May 08, 2015, 02:34:11 PM
Danner boots are made in USA and can be added to your list. Some red wings. Some anyway. It's very important to me n I live it. Don't buy anything Chinese or Asian for damn sure if I can help it.  Don't have a single electronic device except my phone and Foxpro.
No, computer, tv or anything. most guys won't make such sacrifices. Better to find the product than find reasons you don't buy USA
Only some danners

Bowguy

Yep some Danners, some Red Wings, some Chippewaa, etc. as far as the global economy thing posted, I understand where it comes from but it's to me no different than the Dixie Chicks claiming being unpatriotic is very patriotic. Not saying the other poster isn't, It just seems excuses are easy. I believe the poster may benefit from a global economy. God bless ya but there are people need jobs out there.
People w families, not all of em even healthy.
Think about it, our labor force is being over run w illegals, our schools, hospitals, jails all pay the price.
Non American gangs are popping up everywhere and infiltrating our military. They're also killing our law enforcement.
I plain out say screw em all. Americans have done a lot in a few hundred years. I ain't letting no one take that away from us.
Buy American everything. To the union workers, use your heads n be reasonable price wise. The insane wages are not making it harder for someone who speaks no English to do your job for much much less.
On second thought I do think it's non patriotic to think anything even remotely against the USA, especially not feeling her pain.
Wake up folks.

NJGobblerHunter

mikejd

Great thread.

Weathertech floor mats and vehicle accessories. If you see what my truck looks like after 9 day of hunting Im glad I have them.

30_06

Ithaca shotguns, Kifaru backpacks/shelters/accessories, most bow manufacturers (bowtech, Mathews, etc), Mystery Ranch backpacks (most), and Seek Outside shelters.

Greg Massey

More than likely the pad or computer your using to post this is made in China... lol