turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone putting in for Maine moose hunt?

Started by Horner, February 09, 2011, 01:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horner

Just wondering if anyone else besides myself is putting their name in the drawing for a chance at a Maine moose?

This is my seventh year in a row trying.  No luck yet, but I am hoping this is my year.

hobbes

I used to put in, until they restructured the drawing and you could buy multiple chances or something to that effect. 

Good Luck!  It would be a great tag to draw.

Horner

Quote from: hobbes on February 09, 2011, 01:44:30 PM
I used to put in, until they restructured the drawing and you could buy multiple chances or something to that effect. 

Good Luck!  It would be a great tag to draw.

Ya it's a rich mans game now, but their is always a hope.  I always get three chances plus my bonus points, but it is a shot in the dark for a guy like me.

Scout24

I'm putting in for the first time this year as I drew NH last year and now can't apply for three years. I wanted my 9yo son to shoot it( I shot a 54"er in '98), big mistake. We had a nice 45"er opening night with 2 minutes of shooting light left, 4 second window in a thick clearcut and he wisely didn't shoot. We walked those mountainside clearcuts  6-11 miles a day for the entire 9 day season and never saw another good bull. Four other groups in our area also failed to score. The right zone makes a huge difference.
    Most of my NH buddies that have put in for Maine faithfully have gotten drawn, however not sure on how many chances to buy without breaking the budget.