Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just got back from patterning SBE w/ JH and IC. Thoughts??

Started by greenheadIL, March 26, 2011, 09:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenheadIL

Well guys I have another thread started but in case you didn't want to read through the pages I started another one with my results to make it easier.  I just got back from the range and patterned the IC and Jellyhead.  The Indian Creek hits about 9 inches low at 40 and about 14 inches low at 50.  The JH hits pretty close to dead nuts poi and poa.  I have a Pure Gold choke coming this week, so don't know if it will out pattern these or not, but the Jellyhead wins.  Check out the results and let me know what you think.  I shot the Hevi 13s 3.5" 6's and 7's at 2.25oz.  Chokes were a JH .655 and a IC .665.

IC/3.5"/6 shot/2.25 oz at 40 yards = 165
IC/3.5"/7 shot/2.25 oz at 40 yards = 220

IC/3.5"/6 shot/2.25 oz at 50 yards = 90
IC/3.5"/7 shot/2.25 oz at 50 yards = 140

JH/3.5"/6 shot/2.25 oz at 40 yards = 185
JH/3.5"/7 shot/2.25 oz at 40 yards = 255

JH/3.5"/6 shot/2.25oz at 50 yards = 112
JH/3.5"/7 shot/2.25oz at 50 yards = 180

What do you guys think?

Quax

I'm still curious to know what Hastings u have and what it does since it shoots poa

1iagobblergetter

I know every guns different,but  I had a heck of a time with the poa/poi with my SBE2 and had the best luck with a .643 Rob Roberts and Fed Hvy #7s. Congrats with the JH #7 pattern that should definitely hammer'em!!! :icon_thumright:

SumToy

Looks good. :you_rock:  Now that is a dead bird but if you want more drop it down in size some. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

greenheadIL

Not sure of the model of the Hastings but it's an older probably about 12 years old or so.  It was the ported model, but I'll look tomorrow to see if I can get a model number off it.  The pattern is terrible and I didn't realize how bad it was.  It was only getting 100 or so pellets at 40 yards.

As far as smaller goes, I don't think I want to go any tighter as I don't want to get too tight and end up missing birds..lol.

The weather today was 35 degrees and very windy.  I wonder how much better the pattern will get on warmer calmer days.

Quax

Looks like the JH gets the nod.

If the Hastings was a ported version I probably wouldn't shoot much htl thru it. My gun loves the nonported version.

Good lucK!