News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lightweight turkey guns

Started by mossyman, May 04, 2015, 03:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandedSpur

Quote from: howl on May 08, 2015, 05:11:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if a 3.5" shell out of a 5# gun actually physically damaged someone.

Wouldn't shoot that combo for any amount of money.

owlhoot

Quote from: BandedSpur on May 10, 2015, 08:02:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if a 3.5" shell out of a 5# gun actually physically damaged someone.

NO, heck No! No way would i shoot that !

Phire Phite

That's why guns chambered for .416 Rigby and .458 Lott and things of the such are not made out of synthetic stocks

Onpoint

Quote from: BandedSpur on May 10, 2015, 08:02:26 AM

I have a baikal mp18 single shot 12 chamber for 3"

It weighs 5.25 pounds. I haven't shot it since adding the limb saver pad. Prior to the pad though I've had my nose busted twice, several cuts and bruises on my cheek bone and one shot will leave your shoulder bruised pretty good. It's the only gun I've ever shot that even hurts when shooting a turkey. I'm going to put a scope on it next year, I'm hoping that getting my cheek up off the stock will eliminate some of the cheek slap which is probably the worst part about this combo. Them 3" turkey thugs ain't no joke in this gun.

On a positive note, I can shoot my 535 with a 3.5" and the recoil don't bother me one bit. I'd actualy rather shoot it than my 870 shurshot with a 3" mag. That shurshot stock beats the hell out of my cheek with open sights. With a scope it ain't too bad but that gun is too damn heavy to put a scope on 

howl

Y'all gonna knock something loose.