turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SBE2 Bases for FF3?????

Started by Ridge Rooster, May 04, 2015, 02:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rooster

can anyone tell me the part number for the Warne or the Weaver base that will fit the factory drilled SBE2 reciever? I just need a section big enough to accomidate a FF3 with Weaver style mounting system. Was told that the SBE2 being Cryo treated could not be drilled to accomidate my Burris 336 base so if there is not enough room to drill an extra hole in the 336 base itself, I am going to have to go another route to mount my FF3. I want to keep it as low as posssible and I have not ruled out the Speed Bead mount but I would rather keep it on the reciever because I have heard about issues with the Speed Bead mount.

Thanks

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

turkey_slayer

You can drill a cryo receiver. Some smiths might not cause it will eat cheap bits but it can be safely done. I would go speed bead tho. I never had a problem with mine and it puts the sight even lower than the 336

Ridge Rooster

Update on SBE2 set up with FF3. I decided to go with a speed bead mount because it seemed like the low option that I was looking for. Got a 336 mount on my SBE, and it works great, but after installing the speed bead, I think I am really going to like the mount. It seems really solid and I also installed a protector. I would recommend the protector for anyone looking at the FF3. I think it really saves the glass from scuffs. I usually hunt some steep, and rough country in Eastern KY, and I have banged the sight a couple times and if I had not had the protector, I think I could have damaged the sight. I also keep the gun slung kind of cross ways somewhat while hiking into the hills and I noticed that the sight rubs on my vest and the protector keeps the glass from getting scuffed up as I walk and the gun slides around. Just to help out a few people who may be interested in installing a speed bead on a SBE2 steady grip, I will tell yall how to make it work. The speed bead mount comes with roll pins installed to align mount to receiver and stock. You might need them if you install it on a standard stock SBE2, but you need to pull them out if you have a steady grip. The steady grip stock come with roll pins installed from the factory that will protrude through the holes in the mount and into the stock. On mine the top pin probably didn't make it through the mount and into the stock, but the bottom one did and with a steady grip, due to design of the stock and sling adapter, you can really put some torque on the stock bolt, and this makes a really ridged mounting system.

Just a little update and what I found out through guys on here and doing the installation.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

sixbird

You probably went the right route Rooster...If you have an early SBE II it can be drilled but tapping is another story. The early SBE II's were treated esp. hard. I sent my gun to Rob Roberts and before it was over, he had to get Benelli to install a new receiver shroud. As it turned out it's great but man, what an ordeal!

BINK McCARTY

I have the same set up on my SBE2 and although i've yet to put the FF3 sight on ,i have installed the mount and i believe its gonna be awesome!!!! Low and in the natural line of sight.My only advice is i hope u got the 3 moa dot model,cuz 8 moa @ 40 yds on a turkey .....cant hardly see him....HAPPY HUNTIN!!!!