turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone Using EOTech 512 A65 Sight

Started by turkey_picker, May 15, 2015, 12:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_picker

I have been looking at upgrading from a TruGlo Open Red Dot sight to an EOTech 512 A65. My eyes aren't as good as they once were, so I need all the help I can get. I wear glasses and have the problem of when I get my head down to see my sight, I am either looking over my glasses or at the top edge of my lens. The EOTech sits a little higher, which would cause me to hold my head higher and help/stop the problem I have with my glasses. I like the 1 MOA dot and 65 MOA ring the EOTech has. I have looked at most all brands of red dots, turkey scopes and fiber optic sights, but I keep coming back to the EOTech. For all the EOTech users please give your Pros or Cons of the sight.

:thanks:

Roost 1

Rock solid top of the line.....
Cons- sits up high. You may need a comb riser..

CrustyRusty

They are a great sight, but they just sit too high for my liking.  I've had about every high end sight made, and strongly suggest aimpoint, followed by burris and vortex for sporting uses.  Vortex makes a new sight called the spitfire that looks interesting since it has an etched reticle that also illuminates.  A great feature if your battery dies.

However, that said I have a fastfire3 on my turkey gun now.  It's light, relatively clear and durable and reasonably priced and they have lifetime warranties now.  I've said this many times, but for hunting the burris is about perfect, but if your life depends on your optic, Aimpoint all the way.  Luckily turkeys dont shoot back, so the burris is fine.

harleytom

I've had one on my main gun for 4 years now and wouldn't use anything else. Pros- the dot within a circle makes target acquisition a snap and also can serve as a rangefinder of sorts, great battery life with lithium, built like a tank which is peace of mind when you carry in difficult terrain, and finally- if it's good enough for US armed services it's good enough for me. Cons- it's a large sight so there is some bulk there, it's expensive but we'll worth the cost for what you get. I don't find the argument of height of sight on gun an issue personally. I shoot 3.5 inch shells (Nitro mainly) and have never had an issue with cheek slap from my head position while using this sight. I also have one on my 870 Super Mag and have no issues there either. I've never used a Burris but they have tons of disciples on this site and I'm sure they work just fine. Bottom lline in my opinion, if you like the Eotech and the cost isn't an issue, you won't find a more rugged and dependable sight out there.