turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

should i save my money and wait?

Started by snapper1982, March 26, 2011, 07:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

i was thinking about trying the h 13 this year as i am currently using lead. i have no problems with it, good patterns and tag out on birds. but with all the hype thought i would switch. but now reading all the bad about h13 this year. i was wondering. should i save my money and kill my birds with lead and see if h13 gets things fixed for next year?

Jourdan_D

I say give it a shot, it's only money and time.  I've had good luck with this years Hevi's.  Unless you consider 280 in a 10" at 40 yards bad and hope hevi fixes their shells..... :goofball:

nyhunter

if your gettin good killin patterns with lead save your money, Envrio metal's "H-13" quality control is just about as bad as i have seen. just my op.

dawei

Quote from: snapper1982 on March 26, 2011, 07:03:00 PM
i was thinking about trying the h 13 this year as i am currently using lead. i have no problems with it, good patterns and tag out on birds. but with all the hype thought i would switch. but now reading all the bad about h13 this year. i was wondering. should i save my money and kill my birds with lead and see if h13 gets things fixed for next year?
I'm of the same opinion as nyhunter. If lead is doing the job stick with it. The $$ you save over the cost of the INCONSISTENT Hevi13™ can be used for gas. If you wish to try HTL loads look at Federal® Heavyweight®, Remington Wingmaster HD®, or Winchester® Xtended Range®.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

1iagobblergetter

If you dont like it you can always go back to what you had before!!!! Or do like I'm going to do start reloading your own so you dont have to worry about inconsistencies!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

snapper1982

yeah my plan is to reload for next year anyway. so thank you to all that gave advise. lead this year and reload next

allaboutshooting

I am shooting current production Hevi-13 shells and seeing patterns that are as good as any I've seen. I can only speak from my personal experience but I'm still buying those shells.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Timberline

I am not going to make any more moves this year.  Some are saying that Winchester® Xtended Range® is patterning similar to H13 Lot# 300488.

I am going to wait and see what Federal® Heavyweight®, Remington Wingmaster HD®, and Winchester® Xtended Range® offer in 2012.

shootumindaface

Quote from: dawei on March 26, 2011, 09:48:13 PM
I'm of the same opinion as nyhunter. If lead is doing the job stick with it. The $$ you save over the cost of the INCONSISTENT Hevi13™ can be used for gas. If you wish to try HTL loads look at Federal® Heavyweight®, Remington Wingmaster HD®, or Winchester® Xtended Range®.
:z-winnersmiley:

drum817

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 27, 2011, 11:27:06 AM
Quote from: dawei on March 26, 2011, 09:48:13 PM
:z-winnersmiley:

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Lon0121

if it aint broke.......dont fix it!
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

turkeytromp

Quote from: allaboutshooting on March 26, 2011, 11:07:29 PM

I am shooting current production Hevi-13 shells and seeing patterns that are as good as any I've seen. I can only speak from my personal experience but I'm still buying those shells.

Thanks,
Clark
:agreed:

archery1

I HAVE BEEN TOLD ITS ONLY THE 3 1/2 " SHELLS THAT ARE DIFFERENT. I SHOT 3" HEVI 7 SHOT THROUGH MY MOSS 835 WITH IC CHOKE AND GOT 179 IN A 10" AT 40 YDS.. IF YOUR LEAD IS SHOOTIN GOOD .....? THE BIRDS DONT CARE WHAT KIND OF PELLET KILLS THEM
Take a kid hunting

surehuntsalot

your lead is killing them why change?
stick with what is working for you,save your money,their not worth it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dawei

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 27, 2011, 09:59:13 PMyour lead is killing them why change? stick with what is working for you, save your money, their not worth it.
While it's only my personal opinion, but a lot of hunters/shooters, especially dedicated 20ga guys like us; feel this way.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given