turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Striker for slate?

Started by Dtrkyman, April 28, 2015, 10:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

Lost the striker to my old Blodgett double trouble, what striker do you guys like for slate, I have several that just do not work as good as the one I lost. It was flared tip laminate.

Onpoint

Quote from: Dtrkyman on April 28, 2015, 10:19:39 PM
Lost the striker to my old Blodgett double trouble, what striker do you guys like for slate, I have several that just do not work as good as the one I lost. It was flared tip laminate.
I like persimmon, hickory and white holly.

Yellow heart is good too

Black locust is another good one on slate.

A derrick Stuckey hickory is about as good an all around slate striker as you're gonna find.

I hear steve torman strikers are amazing.  Haven't tried any yet but plan to before next season. he really likes his black locust on slate.

Jbird22

Persimmon, Purpleheart, Canarywood, Zebrawood, and Padauk are all good on slate.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Big Guy

Just received a red oak and a black locust from Steve Torman, and they both sound great on my Sneed Hot Hen.

Hankyorke

I like purple heart & hickory generally.  Lonnie Sneed's oak (?) striker sounds good on his Hot Hen.

I picked up a Torman black locust and I have no need for anything else with ANY of my slate calls.  That striker brings out the best in all of them. 

Bowguy

I like plain ol hickory. Persimmon sounds great too, heard some purplheart that wasn't bad either. On some of the calls I've been running dymondwood

KentuckyHeadhunter

I vote plain ole hickory too.  A lot of hardwoods run well on slate.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

cutt down

Been using a Larry Gresser snakewood mostly on my slate this year but 2 Rio's really liked the Gresser tulipwood Saturday.