turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Zink Thunder Ridge Aluminum

Started by philbilly223, April 28, 2015, 08:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbilly223

Anyone have any experience with this pot?  Picked one up on sale, came with a purple heart striker. Any ideas for a good striker for aluminum? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeykiller

It's my go to call when it's raining I use a cotton mouth striker by Cane Creek. It work and sounds great in the rasp and keeps my custom call from getting wet.

Footballer

Quote from: turkeykiller on April 28, 2015, 08:34:23 PM
It's my go to call when it's raining I use a cotton mouth striker by Cane Creek. It work and sounds great in the rasp and keeps my custom call from getting wet.

That's exactly what I use on rainy days (along with the slate and crystal).

gatrkyhntr70

I just got the aluminum,not bad at all for 19.99 on sale. Sounds better than some of the "customs" I've had.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

PALongspur

An excellent call for inclement weather, sounds better than alot of high dollar calls!

philbilly223

Is that Cane Creek striker acrylic tip?  I was thinking about getting birch or dymondwood. Would these be good choices for aluminum? 

Bowguy

Won't use anything Zink simply cause of the "wicked series" junk they sell. Nothing with a name like that is coming in my house. Even Woodhaven Blue Demon is dumb

WV Ridge Reaper

Where you guys getting these at on sell ? I been wanting to give one a try.

philbilly223

I got it at Dicks for $20

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Footballer

Are you referring to the anodized aluminum or raw aluminum? I'm curious how the anodized aluminum sounds. I love the design of these pots.

philbilly223

The anodized is what I have. I was running it last night a bit differently than I run my slate and glass and really liked what I heard.

letinmfly

I ran a bunch of Zink calls at the Harrisburg show this winter.  I was not impressed at all with the sound.  They were very inconsistent in their sound and they weren't very turkey.  The rollover on some was non existent.  I ran between 12-15 calls and found them all to be the same.
I would have expected much better from them.  I was looking to buy one of their calls but I couldn't justify buying one. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

gatrkyhntr70

I have the anodized aluminum. It rolls over better than most of the custo aluminum pots Ive had. Lou my son bought one of there new crystal calls and it didnt make the cut.It was returned.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

philbilly223

What type of wood strikers do you use?  I am having some inconsistency with one of the purple hearts that I have. Was thinking about dymondwood bc I read a lot on here about that being good with aluminum