Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Quote from: cutt down on May 05, 2015, 11:24:56 PM
Quote from: Onpoint on May 05, 2015, 10:30:40 PM
Quote from: cutt down on May 05, 2015, 12:15:31 AM
Quote from: Onpoint on May 04, 2015, 09:51:58 PM
Quote from: cutt down on April 27, 2015, 08:06:15 AM
Did it include a striker?
Yes, one of Mr lymans glossy charcoal laminates.

My phone was going haywire that day. I traded it for a padauk daybreak ceramic. Now I hsve 2 of my Andersons ceramic calls. Him and Stumpy sure do know how to get alot of turkey out of a ceramic

Just curious cause I didn't get any strikers with the 2 Platz calls I bought from you.
That's because I didn't get any strikers with them calls neither.

It would've been nice to know on the front end they didn't come with strikers. Every call I've ever purchased from a callmaker or individual came with a striker. But hey, if you can live with it I can live without them. I'll know better to ask next time. I just trusted you even though you don't post pictures of your calls on here which is a requirement but I made a deal with you anyway sight unseen. I'll keep the calls!
Well to be completely honest with ya man, I never even got to officially make my for sale page. I wasn't home when I got a spur of the moment idea that I wanted to trade some calls off. I had no intention of trading all the calls I listed, it was just some i was considering letting go. Hell before I even got home to take pictures I had offers to get rid of more calls than I wanted to. I wasn't even thinking about the strikers, like I said I didn't get any with the call cuz the only 2 piece striker I use is a watwr proof one I made and my wife only uses fowler 2 piece strikers.

Now that that's been said, had you have contacted me via pm and asked about it, I would have explained how I wasn't even thinking about strikers, for one, there was none to think about, and 2 I had aboutt bout 15 different people asking 15 different questions. I would have felt bad about it and I would have sent you a derrick Stuckey striker (i use his strikers 75% of the time)

Matter of fact, I still will. I wasn't trying yo screw you then and I'm not wanting to now. But just a little advise, next time you have a problem with someone, think someone's trying to get over on you, give "them" a call, text, pm, go to their house,  and ask them whats going on. I can tell ya one damn thing, if i thought somebody tried to beat me out of some money I would dang be sending a message with my phone number and asking them what happened. That's just me though.

Pm your address again

don't ever  post on one of my threads again.

cutt down

Oh If it was that big a deal I would've contacted you. I just thought it was unusual to not get strikers with calls. You need to tell folks that you're selling calls with or w/o strikers. That's why they require you to post pictures of the calls & from looking at your past post you always say you'll post pics when you get home but never do. Btw, unless you own this site I don't think you have the right to tell me whether to post on "your" threads or not. I'm done with it you can have the last word. Have a nice day!

Thanks anyway for the offer to send me Stuckey striker but I've called Paul already to get one of his laminated strikers.

Onpoint

Quote from: REBELYELL on May 05, 2015, 03:11:51 PM
Quote from: cutt down on May 05, 2015, 12:15:31 AM
Quote from: Onpoint on May 04, 2015, 09:51:58 PM
Quote from: cutt down on April 27, 2015, 08:06:15 AM
Did it include a striker?
Yes, one of Mr lymans glossy charcoal laminates.

My phone was going haywire that day. I traded it for a padauk daybreak ceramic. Now I hsve 2 of my Andersons ceramic calls. Him and Stumpy sure do know how to get alot of turkey out of a ceramic

Just curious cause I didn't get any strikers with the 2 Platz calls I bought from you.

I would be pissed unless I was told up front that it was pots only and no strikers included. This is why it's important to post pictures of what you are buying, selling or trading. I saw a Darrin Dawkins crystal that someone recently traded without a picture and it looked like it had been drug behind a truck down a gravel road.
who has the Dawkins crystal? If it sounds right I may make them a good offer on it

Onpoint

Quote from: cutt down on May 06, 2015, 12:28:21 AM
Oh If it was that big a deal I would've contacted you. I just thought it was unusual to not get strikers with calls. You need to tell folks that you're selling calls with or w/o strikers. That's why they require you to post pictures of the calls & from looking at your past post you always say you'll post pics when you get home but never do. Btw, unless you own this site I don't think you have the right to tell me whether to post on "your" threads or not. I'm done with it you can have the last word. Have a nice day!

Thanks anyway for the offer to send me Stuckey striker but I've called Paul already to get one of his laminated strikers.
Well how about this. Would you please not post to Any threads that I create.

as far as the pictures go, it's not anything that I'm really proud of but I have to have my wife post the pics for me because im not too bright on all this new technology stuff. That's also the reason I don't own an oldgobbler patch, cuz I cant figure out how to buy one on here. With the old job I had, our schedules didn't click at all, but been as climbers (tree work) are damn near impossible to find, I was able to make a switch Yesterday after being with my wrights since 2011 and now maybe we will get to see each other a more than an hour a day except bed time. When I only have an hour with my wife sometimes I get a little distracted and for some odd reason just forget all about turkey calls. But anyway have fun diggin through all my old post.
im not an a**hole. I'm really not. And I wasn't trying to mess ya over. But if there's one thing I hate worse than a, well...nevermind. if there's one thing I'll hate, put it that way, it's somebody that just assumes stuff without actually asking confronting the person and straightening things out like men. But anyways like I said earlier, I'm going to send a striker, u can use it, sell it, burn it, sit on it, but I can assure you that one is going to be mailed.
I'd give anything of I'd just let roost 1 get em. he's the last guy before u that bought calls from me. I can't be for sure but I think I gave him a Stuckey striker, maybe 2, free of charge. I'm not 100 percent positive but I'm pretty sure I did.

Ol Lou "letinmfly" i had a call he liked last year. one I WASN'T even selling, just sent him a soundfile to show him how good it.sounded. He wanted to know how much I wanted for it, told him the price of shipping.

there's been a couple others I've looked out for too but that's not the point..the point Is I made a mistake thst I would have gladly made right..i don't like how u handle things, have no respect for you and think anybody that woukd rather spend their precious time going through someone's old post rather than contacting them is just weird

To everyone else, I apologize
Quote from: cutt down on May 06, 2015, 12:28:21 AM

Spitten and drummen

I will put this out there. wasn't going to post but seems like in my opinion , you should have contacted onpoint about it in a pm instead of jumping on his post making a comment like you did. did he say strikers included or just calls for trade? there are a lot of pot calls sold on and traded on here that do not have strikers. this is always discussed between me and the other party before the deal is concluded. not trying to be a smart ars about it. I can say I have dealt with onpoint a lot on here and he has never tried to get over on me. we have made several deals and are always satisfied. I do think that if anyone has a issue with another person , they should discuss it privately and not jump the gun and start it in a open thread. if its not resolved then by all means do what you feel necessary. I will vouch for onpoint that its most likely a mistake and he wasn't trying to get over on anyone. I say this from dealing and knowing him on here for a long time.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Roost 1

I will vouch for Onpoint as well, a buddy and I went to his house to deal on some calls. He is a very straight up guy with one hell of a impressive call collection. He allowed me to run any of them that I wanted whether they were for sale or not.....I will say this must have been just a mis-understanding and it sounds like he is trying to make it right..

Swampturkey

I've traded with Onpoint also,  No problems either.

cutt down

Guess we both could've done things differently. Sorry to jump your thread. Please accept my apology! Don't worry about sending the striker. The offer to send one is good enough for me.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: cutt down on May 06, 2015, 11:48:43 AM
Guess we both could've done things differently. Sorry to jump your thread. Please accept my apology! Don't worry about sending the striker. The offer to send one is good enough for me.
that's stand up for you to come back and do what you did. im sure it was a misunderstanding. you did good getting 2 platz calls though. in my opinion they are top tier calls. I have 4 of them and I use some custom 1 piece strikers that really makes them sound awesome.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Strick9

ONpoint has been onpoint with me everytime, but treeclimbers ain't always right in the hed ;) Crazy bunch yall are indeed.. Stay safe partner. 
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Triple B

Well,glad this is fixed up for all involved.Little bit of communication can go along way in these sell trade transactions.On Point,don't feel bad,my teenage daughters have to post pics for me with their fancy I phone 6"s.I still have the newest version of the military flip phone. :icon_thumright:I will cave in one of these days,and get a newer phone.

Onpoint

Quote from: cutt down on May 06, 2015, 11:48:43 AM
everything is fine. I appreciate and accept your apology.
I hate that thst situation happened the way it did.

To all the folks that vouched for my character I really appreciate that. It means a lot to me

Strick9: i aint never met a tree trimmer that didn't have at least one screw loose somewhere

gotta go guys, I'm sick as a dog, been.on the couch up until now since I got home from work. My son has had the flu. If he's passed it along to me he's grounded