OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New 835 Tactical Turkey

Started by Todd1700, March 26, 2011, 02:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Quote from: davisd9 on May 21, 2014, 09:27:42 AM
A .670 with that load will more than likely blow the pattern.  From my limited experience with Nitros they like the more open choke, Nitro recommends the more open chokes.  I would not be against trying a IC .675.  The 835s and 935s seem to do best in the .675 range.

Personally if it was me I would not change a thing from what you have.  It is a hunting pattern that will kill 40 yards every time with some wiggle room for nerves and minor yard misjudgment.  Turkeys on the ground mean a whole lot more than holes in paper.  Good luck!
This. ^^^^^^^^^^

bbcoach

Todd,
I shoot a 835 and mine will put 300+ in a 10 inch circle with 3 1/2" Hevi-13 7's and the .670 Pure Gold choke.  I killed a Merriam in South Dakota at a lasered 38 yards and the bird never moved when I pulled the trigger.  7's are hard to beat.  I can't comment on Nitros because I've never tried them but several of the guys on here LOVE them.  Here's the link to Colonial Arms that manufactures the Stardot http://www.colonialarms.com/ct07.html  You will want to order the Extra full for the 835, which will be .676.  They are shooters with the Hevi-13 7's as well.  Good Luck with your choice.