OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Officially a 20 gauge member

Started by g8rvet, April 22, 2015, 10:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Killed my first public land bird (I have called in 3, just never shot one) today. Also my first 20 gauge kill.  After passing up a jake on private and a jake on public this year, with only 2 days left I can hunt, I decided this morning I would kill a legal bird.  38 yards.  He did not even flop until I stepped on his head.  Fed HW #7 did the trick.  6" beard and just the start of spurs, little more than nubs.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

gophert

crow

deadbuck

g8rvet

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

FL-Boss

congrats man  - reminds me of a pic I took from last year... SA-459 is a killer turkey gun....

surehuntsalot

congrats on your first "yellow shell" bird
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

cutt down

I took 4 birds last year with my 20ga Weatherby SA-459 & 3 so far this year. This year 2 didn't even flop, the 3rd one did for a minute. I love mine! Only gun I turkey hunt with anymore.

CntrlPA

beagler

Never Misses

savduck

Georgia Boy

gophert

I like what Weatherby is doing with their turkey guns.  They are producing a very good shooting automatic, made for the turkey hunter, at a very affordable price.  AND...you can get it in 20 ga. 

Phire Phite

The more I see and read on these the more I'm tempted to make the switch.  Has to be a lot easier to tote around than an 835 or M3500...

Good looking too

g8rvet

It is hard to tell by pics how light and easy pointing they are. I have had mine up for a long time this year-waiting for a bird to clear palmettos, come around a thick spot in the swamp, step out on the road.  I can hold it up and steady for so much longer than my 870, and WAY longer than the Benelli Nova/Cannon cross-that thing was huge.

101st501