News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scotch Brite pad?

Started by STP22, April 21, 2015, 08:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STP22

MG150

Do you have a Ace Hardware near by?They sell a maroon pad under their brand name.Metal finishing pad,4-3/8"X11" for $1.99

STP22

Rick Howard

If there is a rockler in your area they carry green, red, grey, and white. 

yella yelper

Found some at Sherwin Williams for $2

mikejd

one maroon one will last you years. I cut them in 1" squares. If you want one PM me your address I will mail you one. I am a plumber I have tons of them.

STP22

Thank you, mikejd!!!

And, thank you for everyone's advice. I really appreciate the help from this forum. You are certainly a good bunch of guys.

Steve

Gooserbat

I like green the burgandy is just a rougher grit like 120 vs 80 grit sand paper.  I don't personally wanted to remove any more surface material than I need when conditioning my calls. 

I do like the grey on aluminum.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: STP22 on April 21, 2015, 08:02:41 PM
Hello, all!

I just got a Lights Out slate pot call. I was wondering how you condition slate. A lot of people say to use a Scotch Brite "Green" pad and rub only in two-direction manner, with the grain. I looked all over for the regular green Scotch Brite pad and all they seem to make is the "heavy duty" dark grey pad (below image). Would this be to course to use?

Thank you.

Steve

The scotch brite green pads like the ones you can get at wal-mart work great.

STP22

Thank you, Gooserbat and kyturkeyhunter4!
Steve

mikejd

I think the green is more abrasive then the burgundy.

Buzzkiller

Look for  3M brand at a hardware store the make any type you want

rosharb

I just picked up a maroon pad at the NAPAA auto parts store for $1.50