OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I.C and Pure Gold

Started by the Ward, March 26, 2011, 09:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Hello every one!I've been reading up the posts on chokes.Can the Indian creek and Pure gold chokes be used with both lead and h.t.l?Or are they designed for best performance from h.t.l only?I see a lot of good reports on both tubes.I am going to try some of the htl stuff eventually it looks to be the way to go.I've really learned a lot from everyone and even though i'm a new guy i've gotten great responses to my posts.thank you for making a newbie feel welcome!thats why this is the best site ever!   ward

ILIKEHEVI-13

Yes they will work great with both lead or htl loads. 

chatterbox

Either will work with both lead and HTL, and are tops in aftermarket chokes. The best way to know is to shoot both out of your gun, and keep the one that patterns better. Pure Gold has a 30 day money back warrentee on their chokes. I don't know what IC offers, but they are a stand up company as well.
I don't believe you can go wrong with either one.
:anim_25:, and  :welcomeOG:

hookedspur

Quote from: chatterbox on March 26, 2011, 09:40:01 AM
Either will work with both lead and HTL, and are tops in aftermarket chokes. The best way to know is to shoot both out of your gun, and keep the one that patterns better. Pure Gold has a 30 day money back warrentee on their chokes. I don't know what IC offers, but they are a stand up company as well.
I don't believe you can go wrong with either one.
:anim_25:, and  :welcomeOG:
:agreed: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

the Ward

Thanks guys,i was not sure about being able to shoot both types of loads in those chokes.Now i know!I'm learning already!Now is anyone shooting either in a crio + tube barrel?If so,whats a good starting point,constriction and brand with say 5 or 6 lead or 7 htl? ward

allaboutshooting

Quote from: the Ward on March 26, 2011, 09:31:58 AM
Hello every one!I've been reading up the posts on chokes.Can the Indian creek and Pure gold chokes be used with both lead and h.t.l?Or are they designed for best performance from h.t.l only?I see a lot of good reports on both tubes.I am going to try some of the htl stuff eventually it looks to be the way to go.I've really learned a lot from everyone and even though i'm a new guy i've gotten great responses to my posts.thank you for making a newbie feel welcome!thats why this is the best site ever!   ward

Welcome. It's good to see you here. I wish you all the best as you look to outfit your turkey gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

the Ward

thanks allaboutshooting!With all the help and expertise found here i'll have the new gun up and running in no time!!!.....thank you,  ward

archery1

:welcomeOG:
yes ic and pg are great chokes and both have warranties if you don't like.. i seen some of the best patterns from the hevi 13 loads..  i shoot a moss 835 with a ic choke and 3" hevi shells. 179 in a 10" circle at 40 yds. dead burd... i wish you the best on your decision and good luck hunting
Take a kid hunting

the Ward

Thanks archery1, Companys that stand behind their products is refreshing in this day and age.Thats the people i want to spend money with and keep them going....ward