OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tristar Camo O/U..

Started by Bro2032, April 19, 2015, 02:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro2032

I'm interested in the Tristar Camo Hunter O/U. Is there a way to mount a red dot on that particular shotgun.. Namely, a Burris Fastfire.. if not, that would be a deal breaker.

Thanks,
BRO

Bro2032

Bro2032

Birdyblaster

I've seen pictures of them with red dots but I assume they've been drilled and tapped aftermarket.  It really wouldn't cost you that much to have it drilled and tapped and add a section of rail or other mount.

Bro2032

Quote from: Birdyblaster on April 20, 2015, 08:33:28 PM
I've seen pictures of them with red dots but I assume they've been drilled and tapped aftermarket.  It really wouldn't cost you that much to have it drilled and tapped and add a section of rail or other mount.
If that's a possibility,  I think I may go that route. I love the thought of having 2 different chokes. One for 40 yds, and another for close in work. Best of both worlds..

deadbuck

You might could have a piece of picatinny rail soldered to rib and then mount FF. However, it would be a dedicated turkey rig then. I tried the B Square rib mount and did not like it at all. I have hunted a lot with a 12 and 20 citori, and always ended up putting 2 turkey extra full chokes in it. Novel concept of two chokes, but really isn't practical.

Bro2032

Quote from: deadbuck on April 20, 2015, 09:32:46 PM
You might could have a piece of picatinny rail soldered to rib and then mount FF. However, it would be a dedicated turkey rig then. I tried the B Square rib mount and did not like it at all. I have hunted a lot with a 12 and 20 citori, and always ended up putting 2 turkey extra full chokes in it. Novel concept of two chokes, but really isn't practical.
Where I hunt, we could be setup in an oak flat where we can see 200 yds, or could be stuck in the jack oaks, where visibility is 20 yds or less (Dictated by the bird). So for me,  it is practical. The thought of having 2 options (2 barrels), is exciting to me. It gives me the most ethical means of harvesting my bird..
A regular full in one barrel,  and 2 3/4" HV w/7.5, 8, 9s would be awesome at 25 yds and in. Then a 3.5" LB XR, with some high dollar steel screwed into the end of the other tube, would take care of the 40 yarder..

It just sounds good to me...
BRO

Snoodsniper

Google "vent rib scope mount". Something like that might work for you.