News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My turkey season ends painfully

Started by stringtalker, April 19, 2015, 02:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honolua

Quote from: stringtalker on April 19, 2015, 02:28:19 PM
Well my turkey season is over here in Tennessee!! I was out chasing gobblers when I tripped over an old fence laying under the leaves and fell and broke a couple of ribs. So my season is done, at least I did kill one opening week, but good luck to every one else

I'm sorry to hear this man. I grew up racing dirt bikes and have busted or cracked most. Only hurts when you breathe. Sorry to hear...God bless

lhprop1

Quote from: Strick9 on April 19, 2015, 05:42:38 PM
Ace bandage and a couple of Alieve daily, get back out there man ! Just don't sneeze, cough, use a diaphram call or do an owl call and you will be ok.. Sorry to hear it, not much more painfull than that.

The whole wrapping it thing is now discouraged by docs.  You're also supposed to try and take as deep a breath as possible about once an hour.  It sucks, but that's how it heals fastest.

I've got a broken rib right now.  I broke it 3 weeks ago at rugby practice.  3 days later, I was lucky enough to help my inlaws move into their retirement home, which included driving a U Haul 5 1/2 hours over bumpy northern WI back roads, moving a gun safe up and down stairs, and then pushing all of their furniture (made for someone the size of Andre the Giant) up an extension ladder to the loft of their log cabin. 

It ranked pretty low on the fun scale.