turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shell Opinions for my Moss.935

Started by Franchi I-12, March 25, 2011, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franchi I-12

I need some opinions on which shells I should try to pattern out of my Mossberg 935. I need to try to get it patterned in a hurry. For right now, I will only be going with the over the counter ammo because I don't really have time to order some of the special order ammo.I have a Primos Jelly Head .690 const. choke. My barrel is 24". Please feel free to give me your honest opinions. Should I try both the 3"&3.5" inch shells ? Opening day is next weekend & I limited on time right now. I would like to get this done this weekend. Thanks for any help !! :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's all the info you need to know.  Hevi-13 3.5" 2and 1/4oz #7 Jelly Head .690

wvhunter74

PG .670 and some H13 3.5 #6 or #7 would be a good choice.

cannonball

I like the 3.5" loads myself. What options do you have as far local sporting goods stores? There are several stores around me the carry the Hevi shells. I would try to find Hevi 13 in either #7 or #6 shot. If that is not available try for the Winchester Supreme Elite in #6 or #5. If you can't find those, the Winchester Supreme lead is available almost anywhere including Walmart. Use #6 or #5 in these.

Franchi I-12

Has anyone tried the Hevi-13 3.5" 2 1/4oz. 5,6,7 blend out of this gun with this choke combination ?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Franchi  I-12 on March 26, 2011, 03:33:31 PM
Has anyone tried the Hevi-13 3.5" 2 1/4oz. 5,6,7 blend out of this gun with this choke combination ?

I have shot the 3" Magnum Blend shells through 935 and had excellent patterns. I have not shot any of the 3.5" MB shells through that gun. I get my best patterns with the 835 & 935 with a .670 choke.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. I really recommend that you "deep clean" the bore. It really helps.
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

grousec

I have a 935 pistol grip turkey.  I also have shot Hevi 13 Mag Blend.  However I did what one ought never do, I boiught the gun, the mag blend, cleaned the gun and went turkey hunting same day (without patterning).  I killed my two turkey with mag blend and factory choke before my IC choke made it in.  I will be patterning my 935 as soon as gets little warmer with the IC choke and Mag Blend, also with Hevi 13 #7's.  You will love the 935 I believe you will love the 935 and Mag Blend or Hevi 13 7's or 6"s.  Let us know what you come up with.

SumToy

We have had good luck with 675 to 680.  Lead if you do 40 yards in. 40 yards out go with heavy stuff.  Now with our choke we have not got it to shoot Winchester heavy.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Franchi I-12

Thanks Guy's !! Probably be tomorrow before I can shoot. Raining here (bummer) today & cool. How do you all go about pattering your guns ? It's probably on here somewhere & I just haven't found it yet. I'm new here on the forum.

goblr77

The 5,6,7 mag blends are good loads as well. The will give you about the same numbers as Hevi 6's.

wvhunter74

I shot a couple patterns with the mag blends with the  PG .670 last week when the temps was in the 60's and came up with 198/182 10" circle @ 42yds from the end of the barrel to the target.I cleaned the barrel and sent a H13 #6 at the same distance gave me 221 so, I dont think these are bad numbers coming out of a 22" barrel.

wvhunter74

I was shooting 3.5 and the recoil from the mag blends was to much for me.

Franchi I-12

So, am I looking for the best pattern in a 10"in. circle at 35-40yds. ?

afoshie

i have an 835 with the jelly and 3.5 blends. Gun is polished and it gets in the 175 range at taped 40 with a good even pattern.

Franchi I-12

Going to try to shoot tomorrow afternoon after work. Barrel is polished and ready. Hope to get it dialed in. :z-guntootsmiley: