OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

19+" of now in Arkansas!! Pics

Started by LX_Trkyhntr, February 09, 2011, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LX_Trkyhntr

Early in the week they predicted around 8" of snow, then by yesterday they changed it to 4-6".  When we went to bed last night it wasn't even snowing, I was shocked to wake up to this, this morning!!!

This is out my front door.

Here I am on the deck

I walked out in the yard away from anything so there wasn't any drifts and here is what the yard stick showed at about 08:00 this morning.  It is still snowing at 10:30!!

Here is my wife's  Weimaraner Alaina, she was having a lot of fun running around in the snow, it was higher than her back she was kind of hopping along!

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Basser69

Wow!That is a lot of snow. What part of Ark?

LX_Trkyhntr

I am just on the east side of Springdale in NW Arkansas.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff

shad309

Welcome to my world!!! Remember to take breaks when you are shoveling. We always have people in the obits here from shoveling to hard and croaking....

How far east? I've got family in Bergman, Harrison, Valley Springs, St. Joe, & Marshall

Hognutz

Welcome to my world, LX. It will be gone before you know it..Enjoy..Mike  :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Muskie03

Better you than me :goofball: I've got enough already here in MinneSNOWta. Enjoy! :anim_25:
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

West Augusta

Y'all just keep it down there.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Be careful.  Take it easy shoveling.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

ghillie

hobbes

Wow thats a lot of snow for Arkansas.  Probably the same storm that pounded the mountains here from Friday to Monday night.  Your snow is probably more like cement compared to our powder though.  Guys here at work have been skiing the back bowls of Vail in waiste deep powder.

LX_Trkyhntr

I live just outside the Springdale City limits by a couple of miles.

Hobbes, that's what's crazy is this is powder!!  Not heavy at all, no way you could build a snowman or anything out of it.

hobbes

I wouldn't have expected powder in Arkansas.  I'd never seen powder like we have here back home in IL.  Its a lot easier to shovel and easier to drive on than the slush/ice/cement from back home.

LX_Trkyhntr

I know, it didn't take 10 minutes to clear a path up the steps to the deck and to the front door.  I basically swept it off.  We have had more dry snow this year and last than I can ever remember!  Like you said it used to be really heavy snow, but not this year, really fluffy and light!

It is supposed to be in the upper 50's by the weekend!! :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:  But it's cold right now!!

sugarray

My best friend is from Lead Hill and his family still lives there.  He would tell me stories of getting out of school b/c of threat of snow.  I bet they are freaking out.  Not a gallon of milk or loaf of bread to be found.

sugarray

Love that old time brown camo, AWESOME!!

neal

Quote from: Muskie03 on February 09, 2011, 11:45:53 AM
Better you than me :goofball: I've got enough already here in MinneSNOWta. Enjoy! :anim_25:

Yep same thing here in WI!! :goofball:
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.