Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Hunt report

Started by makova, April 14, 2015, 04:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makova

Saturday 11th heard a couple then the wind pickup,  25 mph no more gobbles, but called in three hens okay day.
Sunday 12th hunted small parcel of land, heard two gobblers but to far away or too many hens ever came my way.
Monday 13 had to work!
Tuesday 14th buddy called last night said it was going to drizzle  in the mourning and we should go it will be great if rain clears up. (okay never liked to hunt in the rain but okay meet you) 4:45 on my way it is raining! 5:15 no buddy but i am here so lets go. 6:15 it is raining so hard i can't see 50 feet.(buddy finally answers my text from 5:00 to tell me it is  pouring out! like i did not know by now) 8:00 is slows down and then i here a gobble, then another, wow this might be good. Called in the second tom to about 60 yards so close just a little more. then it started to pour again never saw him again.

sorry guys i will keep trying
working Wed, and Thursday  looks like friday

willy8457

Sounds Like fun to me, I've killed some nice Gobblers in the rain. Two weeks for me

eddie234

Good times!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Bigsho69

They have been going pretty crazy here in Kansas.  Lots of gobbling and working ok.  Had some nice ones at 12 yds the other day but passed up the shot because I wanted a 6yd shot on the decoys.  lol.