OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Slate over glass Butternut pot

Started by Tennessee Lead, April 13, 2015, 08:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Lead

I've been fortunate enough to meet a guy that shops at our lumber store a couple years ago. We have become good friends. He carves his own duck decoys and turns out his own calls. So he comes by looking for certain wood types and we started talking.
That conversation turned to turkey hunting. He has also been making his own turkey calls. He has offered to help me learn the basics and allow me to try my hand at turning out a few tube calls and some strikers. I am looking forward to that very much.
He has been making some scratch box calls that sounds really good even surprised me with one

I am really enjoying learning that little call. He drops in from time to time with a new pot call and let's me run it to see what I think about it.
Well today he dropped by with one that I had a hard time handing back lol. Slate over glass in a butternut pot with maple and walnut inlay. Striker peg was Brazilian cherry with butternut top with maple and walnut inlay. Here is a little Audio I took of it today before he left. See what y'all think.
http://youtu.be/zeLGDic5s-U

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

mgm1955

HFultzjr

That will never work!

Sounds too much like a turkey!

LOL.....Just kidding. That sounds like it should work very well.

Good luck.

:OGturkeyhead: