OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Protect what you have left help...

Started by STP22, April 13, 2015, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STP22

Hello, all! I hope all is well.
Well, being 45, I am starting to pay for the sins of my youth and bravado with some low grade tinnitus.
I am in the market for hearing protection that will still allow you to hear the delicate sounds of approaching game.
One constant complaint I see is the limited ability to determine the direction of the sound.
In your experience, is there a model that is moderately priced that is a good option?
A quick web search sees models priced up to $2K. While you can't put a price on hearing, that's a little steep for me and would just use simple $50 passive earmuffs at the risk of not hearing game as well. Is there a good option that won't break the bank?
Are Walker's products good?
Thank you.
Steve

mgm1955

I have some Walkers with hearing enhancement that I believe we're about $200. Don't know if that's too much but they are really great.

KYFrid

I recently listened to a Ray Eye podcast and they had the owner of Starkey hearing protection on. I'm not exactly sure on the price, but it may be another option for you to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFultzjr

I have a pair of these and they are well worth the $50.00 I've spent.
There is a thread on here from about a week or 2 ago, where I give a review of them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001T7QJ9O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HFultzjr

gobbler777

Quote from: HFultzjr on April 13, 2015, 09:03:40 PM
I have a pair of these and they are well worth the $50.00 I've spent.
There is a thread on here from about a week or 2 ago, where I give a review of them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001T7QJ9O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are geat and can tell direction
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

STP22

Thank you, all.
I will research all your suggestions.
Thank you.
Steve