only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nef 20

Started by NECKRINGER, March 25, 2011, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NECKRINGER

I won a Nef 3" 20.
It has mod barrel.
Can this barrel be drilled and tapped for tubes.
Is there enough meat there?
Anybody got pic of one they took from plane Jane to tricked out?

BrowningGuy88

It can be drilled and tapped. Ther are some smiths that don't want to do it, but it is the 12 gauge Pardners that are real thin around the chamber. The 20's are easy to D/T.

Daman

BigPeck215

you should be able to find someone to do it, give rob roberts a call at gobbler guns

the Ward

Hey there Neckringer,we had our gunsmith d&t a nef but a 12 last year for a rail and red dot.I would imagine you should'nt have a problem with a 20 due to the chamber being thicker on that model.That being said,i saw a post on the old board that nef said on their site that 12s could'nt be d&t.I asked my gunsmith about this and he said that you had to be precise on the depth as not to drill too deep.He said he had done a number of them with no problem.I've had work done by him for years and he's well respected in the area.the guy has a patent on a muzzle brake for rifles that he makes and installs so i imagine he knows what hes doing.Once my kid shows me how to post pictures we will show you his.There is a picture of one on the sights and optics page under the title "show us your halo and red dot rigs"Maybe we can get some feedback from other nef shooters on this.I  trust my smith but i certainly don't want my son to continue shooting something that is unsafe! good luck and good hunting this season....ward