only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camo?

Started by STP22, April 11, 2015, 03:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STP22

Hello, all.
I have a Beretta A400 in Max4 camo.
Will this stick out like a sore thumb in the woods to a turkey?
Thanks!
Steve

Ralph-NY

I think you will be fine if they are that close to spook from that you should be shooting.  I have had them within a few feet before and that was when I had a solid black gun.

the Ward

I wouldn't worry about it. I been hunting with a max 4 gun for several seasons now and haven't had any problems. All my previous guns were blued and wood and they didn't seem to spook them either. I did eventually take to camo taping them up  just to be on the safe side, and to help protect the finish though.

Dr Juice

STP22

taylorjones20

My SBE2 is MAX4 - The bird didn't seem to notice it at 20 yards this past week... :)
Alive only by the Grace Of God

STP22

Nice, taylorjones20!

mad815

Turkeys can not tell the difference between a stick and a gun.

Gooserbat

If you let them get close enough to inspect the finish on your gun you've already messed up.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

10gaugemag

Have never had a bird see my Shadow Grass Browning. They see dead grass every day of their lives. Also haven't had any spot my black guns. You moving is what will get you busted, not the color of a gun.

surehuntsalot

same camo on my 835, not a problem
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

STP22

Thank you, guys!
I thought I may have been a little (ok.. a lot) anal about the camo. I just hear how good a turkey eyesight is and the ability to see color. But, I assume movement is more a culprit than varying camo patterns.
Thanks, again.
Steve

Ross R

I have a max4 SBE II. It drives me a little nuts but it is more than fine in the woods. Down here in south Forida everything is green and I have this tan/brown gun.

STP22

Thanks, Ross R!
Steve

darn2ten

Don't over think it. I've had full camo turkey guns, but only only own 1 of them now. My 2 go to turkey guns are black and I never have a problem. When I first started I hunted with a Remington 870 wingmaster that was wood and shiny blued, I killed a pile with that gun.