OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

purpleheart striker...

Started by WNY Bowhunter, March 25, 2011, 11:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNY Bowhunter

I'm looking to buy a one piece purpleheart striker (straight or bell tip).  Who makes "the best" one?
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

selinoid44

I would say the 'best one' is in the opinion of the guy thats using it. Every striker will have a different sound on every call. I don't know that anyone here will say they have the 'best one'. I certainly won't. Purple heart wood makes for a great striker there isn't any question about that. If you like the way it sounds on your call then thats the best one. :icon_thumright:

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

WNY Bowhunter

Got any pics of your strikers?

pappy

here's my style one piece strikers...pappy

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

doepee

Purpleheart makes a good striker , you can get one from two different call makers and they probably will sound different on the same call!!

crackshot

Gobble Sticks makes great strikers. Give Neal a call, you won't be disappointed.

doepee

Quote from: crackshot on March 25, 2011, 12:55:14 PM
Gobble Sticks makes great strikers. Give Neal a call, you won't be disappointed.
I second that --I just received 2 in the mail this morning cocobolo, and padauk.  I love the style and how they feel not to mention they sound great... I will order more!!!

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: crackshot on March 25, 2011, 12:55:14 PM

Got any contact info? Thanks.

scoot12

Yep,  Neal makes a great striker at a great price.  Scoot

Jbird22

I am a big fan of Dad's (Jerry White) strikers. I have one in Purpleheart and I really like it. It's my go to striker.

hookedspur

Quote from: selinoid44 on March 25, 2011, 12:11:39 PM
I would say the 'best one' is in the opinion of the guy thats using it. Every striker will have a different sound on every call. I don't know that anyone here will say they have the 'best one'. I certainly won't. Purple heart wood makes for a great striker there isn't any question about that. If you like the way it sounds on your call then thats the best one. :icon_thumright:

:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

KYFrid

Quote from: JBIRD22 on March 25, 2011, 01:57:46 PM
I am a big fan of Dad's (Jerry White) strikers. I have one in Purpleheart and I really like it. It's my go to striker.

:agreed:  His Monkeywood and Charcoal laminate strikers are are killers!

Wolfpack

Here is a link to the Dad's purpleheart striker at Midwest Turkey call Supply.

http://www.midwestturkeycall.com/detail.asp?pid=DAD46&cc=T&dn=1

Jbird22

Quote from: WVFrid on March 25, 2011, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: JBIRD22 on March 25, 2011, 01:57:46 PM

:agreed:  His Monkeywood and Charcoal laminate strikers are are killers!

I agree there also. I have both of those as well along with one in Bubinga. I really like all 4 of them!

crackshot

Neal is a member on this forum, and succesful competition caller.