turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many do you eat?

Started by Strick9, April 07, 2015, 08:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy Strutsalot

I must be missing something...  Perhaps what I'm missing is that Yall are crappy at cooking? LOL just kidding now, but I haven't seen, but may have missed someone mention Italian dressing as a marinade? Man, 24 hours in Italian dressing and cook on your lowest grill setting.  It takes as much patience as it does to kill the darn thing but man is it good...

I will not only eat the ones I kill instantly but am open to anyone who likes to share.  Good Lord, it's the best game meat out there in my opinion.

Bowguy

:welcomeOG:
Quote from: Cut N Run on April 08, 2015, 12:04:21 AM
We get two tags a year here, but that's not close to enough.

I marinate mine in a ginger teriyaki marinade, then grill it and add some grilled fresh pineapple spears.  I've never found anybody who didn't like it or want more.

Jim
dang that sounds good

Thundermtn

2 is the most I'll eat in a month or so.

Last year we did some strips batter fried and smothered in buffalo sauce and made poorboy style sandwiches with them, way good.

Strick9

I guess if you have a good woman who knows how to lay out some wild game and a buddy with a smoker the sky is the limit. I'm great at the killing and cleaning part , but leave the cooking to someone else. I should have been on number three today but old boy just wouldn't break past 70 daggumit that was fun.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

RutnNStrutn

I never get tired of it!! I usually kill 2 or 3 turkeys each season, sometimes more. As well as 4 to 6 deer a season. I finish off all of them prior to the next season starting.

zelmo1

:drool: Love it, never get tired of it. I even got my girls eating it. BBQ, on the grill or in my rotisserie wrapped with bacon in the basket, wooo baby.

hobbes

I can't imagine two birds being too much spread out over a year.???  You don't have to eat them all in April and May.

They keep in a freezer for a while if wrapped and bagged. 

We can eat as many as we can kill.

hobbes

I can't imagine two birds being too much spread out over a year.???  You don't have to eat them all in April and May.

They keep in a freezer for a while if wrapped and bagged. 

We can eat as many as we can kill.

Snoodsniper

My family loves it. I usually cube the breast and make speidies (PA and NY folks know what I'm talking about). There's nothing better on the grill. Turkeys I kill won't last much past July.

Strick9

I eat them back to back until gone, there is never room in my freezer for them this time of year. They don't make the cut to occupy room over venison, wild hog, redfish, cobia, dolphin, sheephead, spades, lobster and shrimp all local to my area.

So its kill and eat immediately.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Devastator

Deep fried,chunked and battered for the first one,then boneless in a ham net then pickled in a brine then smoked and sliced like cold meat :happy0167:

howl

You gotta be kidding. We eat everyone I kill and if we're lucky someone will give us some, too. Breast goes for fried strips, which everyone loves. We usually eat one half the day of the kill and then the other not long after. Legs and thighs go for pot pie or enchiladas. I can't recall having any left in the freezer past the end of Spring season, ever.

hobbes

Eat the deer faster or buy a bigger freezer.   ;D   We are a family of five and have eaten 80% or more of a cow and calf elk since November and one whitetail killed in October. I can always find space to wedge the filleted breast and the legs wings and thighs.

dirtnap

15 to 20.  They are not big animals.  How much do you eat?  This post is silly.

swmohunter7

I could eat wild turkey all year. My favorite is to fry some up with some morals and some crappie. Doesnt get much better!