Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What choke for browning gold/longbeard 5s?

Started by TheSportsman, April 06, 2015, 08:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

What choke would you recommend for the win longbeard xr 3.5" 2oz #5s. My gold has a 24" barrel. What you think would be a good constriction, etc?

10gaugemag

Not a 3.5 but I picked up a box of  3" 1 3/4 oz. #5's tonight to run through a Hastings .685, Star Dot .6675 and an SSX. My 24" barrel Gold is as picky of a gun as I have ever tried to pattern. May try to find someone to swap with after season, get a 26" or a 28" pipe. I just sold a Jellyhead and Jellyhead Max, Max did best of those 2 in my gun.

A lot of folks say the Inv+ do best in the .675 range, just have to try a few and find out.

taylorjones20

Rob Roberts .660 put up great numbers in my Browning Gold.  They recommend .660 in anything shorter than 26"
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Britton40

I settled on a Pure Gold 660 tempest in my 24" browning silver. The choke is for sale since I no longer have the gun.

10gaugemag

Quote from: Britton40 on April 06, 2015, 11:10:02 PM
I settled on a Pure Gold 660 tempest in my 24" browning silver. The choke is for sale since I no longer have the gun.
What loads/numbers?

Big perm2

What do you want for that pure gold choke tube Brittion??

Talkem into given up!!!

JHoyle

I have a 24" gold and shoot a .670 rhino and a .670 Sumtoy. Both chokes shoot everything I've shot through them very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10gaugemag

Here is a Star Dot .6675 Measured 40 yards. 24" barrel, 3" #5