OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does anyone have a scope on M2 20ga?

Started by Roost 1, May 13, 2015, 02:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

If so, what combo are you using.....I would love to find a saddle mount for this gun but I haven't had any luck finding anyone that makes one..

MattinIdaho

Same boat here. I'd run one on mine also if I could find something.

Spitten and drummen

I had mine drilled and tapped. im sure a good gunsmith could do this and put a weaver base on it. mine was set up for a 336 mount and I put a fastfire 3 on it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Rem Man

I modified a speed bead on mine! It's great!!! I have a buddy that's been a very reputable gun smith for 35 years, he said the m2 20 is way to thin to drill and tap. He said that eventually it will work loose .

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Rem Man on May 23, 2015, 10:36:12 PM
I modified a speed bead on mine! It's great!!! I have a buddy that's been a very reputable gun smith for 35 years, he said the m2 20 is way to thin to drill and tap. He said that eventually it will work loose .
Scratching head on that one. The receiver is thick enough that base screws do not to need to be cut or the receiver even drilled all the way thru. He does realize that if you order one with a slug barrel that it is drilled and tapped doesn't he? Or Rob Roberts, the official benelli gunsmith, drills and taps them.  Blue loctite everything and you're good to go. Interested in the speed bead mount tho.

Rem Man

The receiver on the slug model is different. It has a metal strip under the receiver like the SBE 2 and super nova, which makes it hold tighter. I thought that Roberts didn't drill and tap the m2 20? I'm not saying your wrong. I just didn't want to take a chance on a 1400 dollar gun. I did read an article that a guy did have a scope fly off of an m2 after some shooting, he stated that there was not enough threads holding it.

turkey_slayer

Interesting rem man. I've ran a couple hundred turkey loads thru mine and never had a prob. Always remove the base at the end of season to clean under it and it's always been tight when I take it off. I have the speed bead on a Beretta and I actually prefer it over drilling and tapping. Look forward to the pics!

Rem Man

Sounds good! If I can send pics on a cell and someone can post them, I can explain the process.

turkey_slayer

K9Doc

Had mine drilled and tapped by Gun Smith
Of 30 years. He is very precise and safety
Conscious. Been 2 years. Holding up great.
4 screws. 336 base.
I would have it done by someone else if ur
Guy isn't confident, maybe he's not that good?
Just saying.....
It's not a 3.5" Magnum!!!!
Guess what else?  If it strips out, I will
Still have it done again!!!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.