OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Youth

Started by albrubacker, May 15, 2015, 11:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

I finally got a decent deal on a Rem 11-87 compact for my young ones.
(Thats what I told the wife  :toothy9: )
I just put a Bushnell TRS 25 on it tonight. It looks like a nice optic, time will tell. I can't wait to throw some patterns.
First 3 I am trying is 3" Mag Blend, 3" Fed HW #6,
2 3/4" Fed HW #7.   
  :z-guntootsmiley:
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Greg Massey

Nice gun. I have one of the TRS25 on one of my turkey guns.. it has held up great.. for the money its a good red dot.

longislandloco

Quote from: albrubacker on May 15, 2015, 11:35:57 PM
I finally got a decent deal on a Rem 11-87 compact for my young ones. (Thats what I told the wife  :toothy9: )
I just put a Bushnell TRS 25 on it tonight. It looks like a nice optic, time will tell. I can't wait to throw some patterns.
First 3 I am trying is 3" Mag Blend, 3" Fed HW #6, 2 3/4" Fed HW #7.     :z-guntootsmiley:

And she believed you.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

TrackeySauresRex

Congrats  :anim_25: post them patterns.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

albrubacker

Got to shoot it a few times. I got it sighted in at 20yrds with dove loads then backed up to 40yrds with turkey loads.
I was happy with the patterns it put up.  :funnyturkey:
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,56449.0.html
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Bowguy

Quote from: longislandloco on May 18, 2015, 08:51:48 AM
I finally got a decent deal on a Rem 11-87 compact for my young ones. (Thats what I told the wife  :toothy9: )
First 3 I am trying is 3" Mag Blend, 3" Fed HW #6, 2 3/4" Fed HW #7.     :z-guntootsmiley:

And she believed you.

Yea well I've got a better wife believed ya one. I had a beagle bitch that was pretty nice at 9 months old. She was already well started n could circle some. Her mouth was honest n she so far hadn't been trashy. Field trial stock.
Anyway a bud wanted her litter mate sister. She hadn't been touched but he'd hoped she'd be ok. He worked out a deal to pay for her and the guy had a starting pen n offered to start her., don't know why she wasn't already.
Well the fellow called my buddy to say she was ready for pick up., his wife freaked. She was an animal lover n told him old man Billy from the beagle club was getting open heart surgery. She was told he was widowed, no family n the next option was the pound for his ten dogs.
She agreed thry could watch him til Billy got out of hospital. After a few weeks she was told old man Billy died! Lol, funny stuff. Obviously there was no old man Billy but my bud got dog

TrackeySauresRex

albrubacker

Quote from: Bowguy on May 25, 2015, 07:20:23 AM
Quote from: longislandloco on May 18, 2015, 08:51:48 AM

And she believed you.

Yea well I've got a better wife believed ya one. I had a beagle bitch that was pretty nice at 9 months old. She was already well started n could circle some. Her mouth was honest n she so far hadn't been trashy. Field trial stock.
Anyway a bud wanted her litter mate sister. She hadn't been touched but he'd hoped she'd be ok. He worked out a deal to pay for her and the guy had a starting pen n offered to start her., don't know why she wasn't already.
Well the fellow called my buddy to say she was ready for pick up., his wife freaked. She was an animal lover n told him old man Billy from the beagle club was getting open heart surgery. She was told he was widowed, no family n the next option was the pound for his ten dogs.
She agreed thry could watch him til Billy got out of hospital. After a few weeks she was told old man Billy died! Lol, funny stuff. Obviously there was no old man Billy but my bud got dog
:TooFunny: :popcorn:

—Charlie Elliott

TrackeySauresRex

Crazy! That's not what I posted^

TrackeySauresRex

My reply was to the dog story. The picture of the limb hanger showed up. I posted too funny.  ??? Any way funny story.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase