OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mad Max

Started by hawk, March 25, 2011, 01:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk

Anyone have experiance or knowledge about the Mad Max ll .660 for Rem.?

I'm talking to a guy on another forum about one of these Mad Max ll's, waiting on a pic.Its unported.
Got the pics, its new in the packaging and not ported. Did IC make these or someone else? If anyone has experience with choke I'd like to here it cause I bought this thing.

Remturkey

I have one in the pack I haven't tried yet. Apparently the mad max 2 was non-ported and was rated for hevi-shot.

snapper1982

i had 2 original mad max chokes both in remingtons and they were great. but bottom line is different guns like different chokes there is no gaurentees

bowhunter84

Quote from: snapper1982 on March 25, 2011, 11:09:36 AM
i had 2 original mad max chokes both in remingtons and they were great. but bottom line is different guns like different chokes there is no gaurentees
:agreed:

what works best for one may not work best for another

hawk

Odessa

I own and have test patterned a Mad Max II .675 in my Browning BPS (Invector Plus) - the Pure Gold .670 patterned both lead and Hevi-Shot (older Remington and current Hevi-13) tighter for me in that shotgun.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge