Started by SteelerFan, April 03, 2015, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickbow98

JLH,

Congrats to both you and your girl on the gobbler. NICE photo! :icon_thumright:
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

SteelerFan

Quote from: JLH on April 11, 2015, 12:51:37 PM
The cocobolo brass was too much for this guy....

What's your favorite striker combo for the brass call?

JLH

I can't find a striker I don't like on that call....

KentuckyHeadhunter

Got my 3.5 bocote titanium today.  First thing I will say is the craftsmanship is the best I have ever seen.  It is flawless and superbly crafted.  The striker is just as regal however I'm not a fan of flare tips and the bubinga wood is really high pitched.  The surface is very high pitched and metallic sounding as expected. Very grippy and great for purrs, clucks, yelps, you name it.  Not for the novice because its finicky on consistency when clucking and cackleing.  I find a straight tip helps control this.  The pot can be played quiet and soft or super loud.  Its like a megaphone when you want it to be. Very acoustically designed!  My Mike Yingling zebrawood striker is my favorite one to play on it so far.  It seems to condition easily with the maroon scotch brite and doesn't need it much.  I give the call a 10 out of 10 on quality but its not my favorite surface so far.  I am proud to own it and it can definitely call and kill birds.  Just my two cent review.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

SteelerFan

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 16, 2015, 06:50:30 PM
Got my 3.5 bocote titanium today.  First thing I will say is the craftsmanship is the best I have ever seen.  It is flawless and superbly crafted.  The striker is just as regal however I'm not a fan of flare tips and the bubinga wood is really high pitched.  The surface is very high pitched and metallic sounding as expected. Very grippy and great for purrs, clucks, yelps, you name it.  Not for the novice because its finicky on consistency when clucking and cackleing.  I find a straight tip helps control this.  The pot can be played quiet and soft or super loud.  Its like a megaphone when you want it to be. Very acoustically designed!  My Mike Yingling zebrawood striker is my favorite one to play on it so far.  It seems to condition easily with the maroon scotch brite and doesn't need it much.  I give the call a 10 out of 10 on quality but its not my favorite surface so far.  I am proud to own it and it can definitely call and kill birds.  Just my two cent review.

I have found on the Sinclair calls there are no real "dead spots", and allows you to go a little more towards center for a little deeper rollover. So far, Tulipwood and Dymonwood "play" best for me.

JLH

I must add.....the more you play them, and condition them with the scotchbrite...the better they sound....i don't know if it's a matter getting used to the surface or using the surface.
all I know, I just love the way they play....and so far the turkeys seem to agree.

SteelerFan

FYI -
Contact info for John Sinclair now available on this site, as he is now a member: