turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

John Sinclair Custom Calls / Strikers

Started by SteelerFan, April 03, 2015, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

Some nice looking Titanium pots going tonight. 3.25" might get a slightly higher pitch than the 3.5" - but either would be a safe choice in any of the exotic woods...

:newmascot:

JLH

He added a few more yesterday.....and a couple went for a really good price!

Just when I thought I was done buying calls for the year, he does this!!

KentuckyHeadhunter

I got the 3.5" titanium bocote headed my way.  You guys twisted my arm!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

JLH

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 09, 2015, 09:57:58 AM
I got the 3.5" titanium bocote headed my way.  You guys twisted my arm!
hehe...you're gonna love that one!
I tell ya, his calls are quite addicting....once you buy one, you suddenly realize you want more!

i have the wife convinced that I need a different call for every time I hunt...lol

Strick9

Now I know who outbid me on that call, you guys!!! Don't really need another call but his titaniums have me wanting!
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Stickbow98

John makes some terrific calls and is a pleasure to deal with. I have gifted several friends and family members with his glass "photo" calls.
My personal favorite call is a Bocote w/ Brass beauty he made for me that I call "Suicide"... for the fact that's what happens more often than not to the Toms that hear it's notes!  :z-flirtysmile3:
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

JLH

The cocobolo brass was too much for this guy....i called 5 Jakes away from a bunch of hens!

The hens were all fired up...cutting and yelping like mad! And the young guys were eating it all up!
Finally I must have said something they liked cuz they came running in.
my girl shot the best one at 22 yds...with the xbow and no blind....Maryland youth day success.

SteelerFan

Well... you've done used all the hen out of that call - time for another!

(Congrats to the young lady, awesome accomplishment right there!) :happy0064:

KY-Hunting

What is the best way to condition the titanium call?

rosharb

All the talk about these I had to bid on a copper one on e-bay and won the auction. Can't wait for it to get here.

SteelerFan

Quote from: KY-Hunting on April 11, 2015, 06:46:35 PM
What is the best way to condition the titanium call?

John sends the calls out "pre-conditioned", and recommends the 3M pad (red) for field touch up (one direction) - he sends one of those along with the call...

Not much to it, really.

KY-Hunting

Quote from: rosharb on April 11, 2015, 07:12:39 PM
All the talk about these I had to bid on a copper one on e-bay and won the auction. Can't wait for it to get here.

I got out bid on a 3.5 Bocote tonight but trying my luck again in 2days I really like the design of the wood he uses.

JLH

If there is a particular call...wood/surface/soundboard combo you really want... you can contact him and I'm sure he will make it for you and sell direct.... (if he has the wood now)

As I said, he is slowing down for the season....he's been cranking out calls all winter, and I'm sure he's ready to sit in the woods on the weekend, instead sitting in front of his lathe!

KY-Hunting

What's the best way to get in contact with him?

JLH