turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

John Sinclair Custom Calls / Strikers

Started by SteelerFan, April 03, 2015, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

Just a quick "shout out" for Mr. John Sinclair out of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. John is another quality call maker, and a great guy to deal with. He makes some beautiful calls, and his strikers are great too. He sells on ebay, and will offer up new selections after each night's auction. Sometimes he'll list just his strikers, in addition to his pot calls. The Titanium call is pretty awesome, as is his copper. I've heard good things about his brass, but haven't tried that, yet...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/upanddownpar/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p2047675

greentag

i got one of his one piece purpleheart strikers a few months ago,lucked out and won it on ebay shipped for ten dollars,i had never heard of him,but that striker is now one of my favorites on slate calls,its really nice,been wanting to get a few more but he's not put any strikers up in awhile.im going to try one of those titaniums one of these days,they look beautiful......

mgm1955

KentuckyHeadhunter

How is that titanium as a surface and what would you equate it to? How is it conditioned? I have admired his calls for a long time but never pulled the trigger on one yet. I love his choice of exotic woods.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

JLH

I have just about everything he makes....

The titanium is just a fantastic surface...very "grippy" for being so hard. Purrs and clucks effortlessly and the yelps are pure turkey...nice amount of rasp....it is a very unique surface, I can't quite equate the sound to any other call I've heard, but the birds love it!
It's not overly high pitched....you can get loud if you need to, and quite soft as well.

With a couple different strikers, it could be the best all around call!

you condition the titanium with the red scotchbrite, same as his brass and copper, and just about everything else...lol

For now, my cocobolo brass call is my favorite....it sounds like an old hen that has a 3 pack a day habit!

I have 6 or 7 of his calls, and all are pure turkey.

And to top it off, he's a heck of a nice guy and a true craftsman!

KentuckyHeadhunter

Thanks for response.  Very good answers to all my questions.  Looks like I'm sold. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

JLH

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 04, 2015, 11:37:17 AM
Thanks for response.  Very good answers to all my questions.  Looks like I'm sold.

Just don't bid on the cocobolo 3" brass calls he has on there now..... :funnyturkey:

I need a spare!!!

captin_hook

Awesome , first I've heard his name on here. I have a coco bolo call he made for me with my pic in it with the first bird I called up for myself. He not a big name call maker but makes a heck of a call. Nice to see him mentioned on og!!!

JLH

I just talked to John.....he's ramping down for the season, so get them while you can.

The Mun Ebony calls he has are really special....all his calls are perfect, but he says these mun ebony are a very limited run and sound amazing!

JLH

Quote from: MDTOM84 on April 06, 2015, 07:51:57 PM
Got one of John's copper calls in the mail today and all I can say is WOW!!!!!
what kind of wood is it???

I have a macasser ebony copper that is really sweet...

MikeStaten

I've got his copper in Bolivian rosewood pot with a bubinga striker.  The pot is among the best copper calls I've heard.  The bubinga striker is also really nice.  Sounds great on many different surfaces.  His calls are also some of the best looking calls out there. 

JLH

Did you steal that 3" brass cocobolo from me tonight?!?

you're gonna love that call!

JLH

He's not kidding...it sounds like a hen with a 3 pack a day habit...nice and raspy.
I bid on that one, and went out to the garage and lost track of time....came back inside and saw that I lost it....haha

I have the same call already.....i just needed a spare!

You just need a titanium and you'll have the sinclair trifecta...

JLH

Quote from: MDTOM84 on April 07, 2015, 10:08:38 AM
Yea I'm going to get one soon! I asked him what his raspyist call was and he told me the brass coco. The birds where I live love a real raspy call.
are you in MD?
I hope we're not close to each other, the birds will be very confused if the hear both our calls at the same time....lol

JLH

I'm up in frederick....not a ton of birds around me, but it's getting better.

Been seeing a lot more around lately.