OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

jebs chokes

Started by jebs chokes, March 24, 2011, 10:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jebs chokes

some toy what makes you think paper targets are two dimensional  Turkey Hunter

redleg06

What exactly is a 1,2,3 or 4 dimensional object jeb??? 

Mag10

Quote from: jebs chokes on March 24, 2011, 10:31:42 PM
some toy what makes you think paper targets are two dimensional  Turkey Hunter

Because they are!!  height by width.

jebs chokes

First dimension is square bound by one dim'''''' lines. Second dim'''''' is cube 2 dim''''' area. Third dim'''' Tessera ct is 3 dim'''' Forth dim'''' I dint relay know but I think it is space time. turkey hunter

shootumindaface

Jeb, I just looked at your posts.. Your first 7 are blatant product pushing of your chokes.. You obviously are new to forums and forum etiquette but this is not appreciated.. Your last four posts are asking Sum Toy about 2 dimension vs 3 dimension on a turkey target.. I do not know if you have a personal vendetta against Sumtoy or you think the choke market on here is cutt throat or what..

But I will assure you that product pushing and vendettas will turn away any potential customers you potentially see in this board.. If your chokes are as great as you claim members will eventually purchase them and credible members are the greatest salesman you can have on this board.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 25, 2011, 12:04:55 AM
Jeb, I just looked at your posts.. Your first 7 are blatant product pushing of your chokes.. You obviously are new to forums and forum etiquette but this is not appreciated.. Your last four posts are asking Sum Toy about 2 dimension vs 3 dimension on a turkey target.. I do not know if you have a personal vendetta against Sumtoy or you think the choke market on here is cutt throat or what..

But I will assure you that product pushing and vendettas will turn away any potential customers you potentially see in this board.. If your chokes are as great as you claim members will eventually purchase them and credible members are the greatest salesman you can have on this board.

x2

Don't be so pushy.  Breathe a little and live.   :icon_thumright:

shootumindaface

:TooFunny:  I did not know they were 150 dollars a piece..

I would sell and buy new a barrel before I would spend that on a choke tube with the consistent results available with known chokes.

jebs chokes

thanks for the info men .turkey hunter

SR1

WOW 150 beans for a choke no thanks.............
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

shootumindaface

Quote from: jebs chokes on March 25, 2011, 12:23:01 AM
thanks for the info men .turkey hunter
Bud I was nice as I can be.. If you choose to tuck tail and take your ball and go home so be it.. But I would encourage you to put up some pattern pics, allow them to get into the hands of members let them decide and if they are as good as you claim, they will sell themselves.

MAGGUNS

Send OG  5 or six chokes for the bingo or maybe take a poll for the 5 or 6 people to test your chokes.

redleg06

I can promise you that more people will be inclined to come check out your product if you demonstrate a little more professionalism in your approach to how you deal with others....including your competitors.

If you want to see what Im talking about and how to better conduct yourself, go check out the turkey call forum and watch how respectful those guys treat one another and avoid blatant product pushing as much as possible....

One of my favorite quotes of all time : " If we are strong, our  strength will speak for itself but if we are weak our words will not help us. "  - JFK

Moral to the story being- no one is going to buy one of your choke because you push it on them and talk about how great it is without proof and Im certainly not going to buy because you belittle your competitors.  Give a reasonable price for your product and SHOW us that they can consistently produce and you might have some success because people on this forum are glad to spread the word for you if you have a superior product....the reverse is also true.

FANMAN

Quote from: jebs chokes on March 24, 2011, 11:47:18 PM
First dimension is square bound by one dim'''''' lines. Second dim'''''' is cube 2 dim''''' area. Third dim'''' Tessera ct is 3 dim'''' Forth dim'''' I dint relay know but I think it is space time. turkey hunter
AND...talking over a simple country boy's head is a big no-no also.Your quantum physics don't mean nothing to me..But I do understand holes in paper.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: FANMAN on March 25, 2011, 08:37:45 AM
Quote from: jebs chokes on March 24, 2011, 11:47:18 PM
AND...talking over a simple country boy's head is a big no-no also.Your quantum physics don't mean nothing to me..But I do understand holes in paper.

I can talk dimesions with the best of them, I have every math class offered in undergrad studies under my belt --- but FANMAN is correct. Do not go there - it is insulting and confusing to people who don't know what the hell you are talking about! I agree your chokes are high, but I intend to try one (and a SumToy) before next season unless you keep up the road you are on! I think you can have a good thing going on if you could possibly get prostaffers from some of the guys here who are always testing loads/chokes. It would put you name out there with third part information!

Daman

mcgruff1533

Here's another couple ideas for Jeb's Chokes.

#1.   Whether you're a backwoods hillbilly, or a college educated engineer, you owe it to your company to put your best face forward.    This means proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.    If you're too lazy, or inept to spell someone's name correctly, or punctuate the sentence.   Will you show the same lack of detail in your $150 chokes?

#2.   Most forum type websites that I visit are supported by sponsorships/ advertisements from industry partners.     This could be a good way to educate the population about your product and support and outstanding website in the process.

#3.   DO NOT bash the competition.     If you truly feel your product is superior than a product produced by another company , PROVE IT!!!   Don't bash their choke, or the person who makes it.    The quickest way to turn off potential customers is to keep doing exactly what you're dong.     Your chokes might be the best thing since sliced bread, but your prices and attitude will likely push them to your competitors.

#4.   At $150 per choke, you're going to have a very hard time getting Turkey hunters to part with that much cash.      Dumping $70+ on an Indian Creek or Pure Gold choke is hard enough, but it's even harder to dump twice that amount for an unproven choke from a brand new company.      Indian Creek and Pure Gold are established companies that stand behind their products with full warranties.      Jeb's is a new company with no track record.      While this isn't necessarily a bad thing since all companies have to start from ground up at some point, you also need to realize that commanding a premium price for an unproven product is going to be a VERY tough sell.       

Besides sponsorship, the best way to get chokes in customers hands is to donate a few chokes, or at least offer certificates for a certain dollar, or percentage amount off.   

I wish you the best of luck Jeb's Chokes, I hope you heed the advice given by this forum and can turn your fledgling business into a success.