turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which choke with Benelli SBE 1???

Started by greenheadIL, March 24, 2011, 07:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenheadIL

Ok guys this is my second thread on this, but I wanted to start another to try to get a vote going as I am still very undecided..lol.  I have a Benelli SBE 1 and currently have a IC .665 that is shooting ok(160 pellets in 10" circle at 40 yards), but shoots 8-9 inches low at 40 yards where all factory chokes and Hastings chokes shoot to POA.  I have heard from several people that they have problems with the IC 665 shooting low.  I am wanting to try some more chokes and I have had some excellent reccomendations so far, but was looking for a few more.  Some guys are saying the Benelli's shoot better with a smaller choke like the .655.  I am considering the Jellyhead .655, IC .655, Purgold, Hevi Shot tube, and the Rhino.  Out of these choices which one would you guys go with in my situation.  I will be shooting the Hevi 13's 3.5 inch 2.25 oz 6's or 7's.

Thanks

sonshinecalls

I am shooting a Berreta urika 12 ga. with a Rob Roberts 640 choke and I love it. They are great folks to work with and very knowlegable. I am also shooting the hevi 13 number 7s.

This is at 45 yards

SumToy

I set them up around a 648 and shoot the Winchester elite if you want it to be a bad boy.  Now if you want to just put meat on the table and kill 40 yards put 665 in it.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

SKFOOTER

I shoot the Jellyhead .655 and Kick's .655 on my Benelli SBE and M1.  

greenheadIL

Thanks, I may try picking up a Jellyhead 655 to see what it does.  Anybody have any luck with a Puregold or Rhino out of this gun?

greenheadIL

Anybody know the bore diameter of the SBE 1?  I'm trying to find it and can't seem to put my finger on it.

greenheadIL

Found out the following choke diameters reccomended for each of the following chokes:

Jellyhead-.655
IC-.665(This is what I have)(I can exchange for .660 or .655 if I want)
PureGold-.670
Hevi Shot Tube-.650
Rhino-.660

It's funny how all the manufacturers reccomend different diameters for the same gun.  I think for sure I am going to try a Jellyhead as I can get one pretty cheap, but trying to pick another one to try. 

Jbird22

Buddy of mine has a Nova and it is bad to the bone with a Rhino .660 and H13/Nitros. It also does well with a Kick's .665 and H13/Nitros.

Hognutz

Quote from: greenheadIL on March 25, 2011, 12:12:52 PM
Anybody know the bore diameter of the SBE 1?  I'm trying to find it and can't seem to put my finger on it.

I think it's .723. Not positive, but pretty sure..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

greenheadIL

Ok, I was thinking it was right around there.  I wonder why each choke manufacturer has different specifications on their chokes for the Benelli SBE.  You think it would be pretty even across the board.  I for sure will pick up a Jellyhead, and am trying to decide between a Rhino, Pure Gold, and Hevi Shot tube for my second one to try. 

SumToy

The bore is 722 to 723 on the ones we see.  Now I saw one that shot real good with a kick's 650 in it with 5's. He drop to kick's 645 with 6's.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

greenheadIL

Thanks for the words guys, I have picked up a Jellyhead .655 and a Pure Gold .670, so we'll see how they shoot compared to the IC.  The IC didn't pattern horrible, but it definitely not good, but the POI was 9 inches low at 40 which I would like to see if these other chokes fix.  Debating whether or not to try a Rhino 660 also as I have heard some good reports on that choke with the SBE.

ahfox16

I've got an old Comp-n-choke in .655 that puts 120 hits in a 10 inch circle using the Winchester LEAD HV-5's 3.5".   I've put quite a few birds in the pot with that set=up.  Just remember, lead kills them to.  :z-guntootsmiley:

BigPeck215

i'd skip the rhino, if your lookin for another choke, i'd give SumToy a try, if he says a certain choke will smoke em then you better believe him

BOFF

Quote from: BigPeck215 on March 25, 2011, 09:16:11 PM
i'd skip the rhino, if your lookin for another choke, i'd give SumToy a try, if he says a certain choke will smoke em then you better believe him

I like my Rhino Choke in my SBE I

However, my forcing cone has been lengthened, and my barrel has been ported.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,4244.0.html
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,332.0.html

God Bless,
David B.