OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New from VA

Started by Florida Marine, March 24, 2011, 04:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florida Marine

I am an active duty LtCol of Marines Floridian - stationed at Quantico VA, communications officer by trade - networks/cyber guy by experience. 

Last year was my first year turkey hunting, was warned it was addicting...and they were spot on.  I think I would give up all my deer tags for turkey if I could.  I am an avid bow hunter, but have not been bold enough to hunt for turkey with one yet.

I support and hunt with a group of folks on Quantico who bring down wounded warriors from Bethesda and Walter Reed to get them a break from the hospital and get them into the outdoors with some great guides and gear that is all donated- great organization call the Quantico Injured Military Sportsman Assoc.

I am also a avid wood worker and have picked up the call making habit after getting a lathe for Christmas.  I have made a few so far - all sound good, looks are getting better with each call.  I made and gave one to a wounded warrior yesterday, it was nice to see the how thankful he was for it. 

I am hoping to use one of my calls next week to bring in a bird for each of my kids on youth day.  Taking my daughter and son out, hoping we can roll some birds!  I have a wounded warrior that is coming out with us to call for my daughter, while I call for my son.  just gotta keep the ticks off us!

Anyway, have learned a lot just lurking the past few days.

Sean
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.

-Ronald Reagan

spurman

Welcome Sean, Good luck to you and yours this spring. Thank you and all warriors for your service.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Hognutz

Welcome, Sean. Hope you enjoy the O.G. It is a great place to hang out, with abundant information, on anything turkey. Enjoy your stay..Mike :you_rock: :hello99:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

bowhunter84

boomer

jake slayer

PANYHunter

:hello99: :welcomeOG: Thank you for your service and work with the Quantico Injured Military Sportsman Assoc.

harvester

turkey slayer

:welcomeOG:
Quote from: PANYHunter on March 26, 2011, 08:28:07 AM
:hello99: :welcomeOG: Thank you for your service and work with the Quantico Injured Military Sportsman Assoc.
x2 :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Sully53

bowhunter84

randlet