turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Saw something crazy this morning

Started by Crutch, February 09, 2011, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crutch

Stopped that the hospital I support in Ashland City, Tn this morning before coming to Nashville and noticed a couple Tom trying to cross the road. The first one dissapeared in front of this new Cadallic Escalade then came soaring up from in front of it. The bird flew on across the hwy and set down  then the other bird flew across after the Escalade passed. When I got to the spot where they were I saw feathers everywhere and the Escalade was pulling over. When I got past the windshield of the Caddy was caved in a couple inches and spider webbed all over.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: Crutch on February 09, 2011, 10:16:26 AM
Stopped that the hospital I support in Ashland City, Tn this morning before coming to Nashville and noticed a couple Tom trying to cross the road. The first one dissapeared in front of this new Cadallic Escalade then came soaring up from in front of it. The bird flew on across the hwy and set down  then the other bird flew across after the Escalade passed. When I got to the spot where they were I saw feathers everywhere and the Escalade was pulling over. When I got past the windshield of the Caddy was caved in a couple inches and spider webbed all over.

sounds like that old bird opened up a can of whoop  :o on that Escalade.....    must have had one impressive set of spurs...

Could you tell the age of the bird by the Chuck Norris Gobble and flying roundhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

2 years ago there is a stretch of highway that always has a bunch of Turkeys feeding in a field. As I got by that spot where the woods are, a large flock of Turkeys launched across the highway in front of my SUV. How I missed them all was a miracle, and especially going 70mph. Scared the crap out of me. For those wondering, yes I tried to get permission to hunt that area, and NO. ;D

redarrow

Had a hen bounce off my side view mirror once. If the window had been down she would have been in our laps.

ghillie

Quote from: redarrow on February 09, 2011, 10:36:33 AM
Had a hen bounce off my side view mirror once. If the window had been down she would have been in our laps.

YIKES...that could been bad

Basser69

neal

Years ago I use to replace windshields and I saw my fair share of turky vs. car and wow they mess things up bad!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

pullit

Quote from: Crutch on February 09, 2011, 10:16:26 AM
Stopped that the hospital I support in Ashland City, Tn this morning before coming to Nashville and noticed a couple Tom trying to cross the road.

Hey your close to me. I live in Burns and work in Metro Center in Nashville!

Crutch

I noticed that. I used to work in metro center, my first job was maint in the Nashville House when IBM and Alladin leased office space there.  A guy in the office with me lives in Burns. His name is Rob Sanders, his wife has horses.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

st4wheel

LIMBHANGER

mason0366

I guy that lives near me had one come through windshield. It looked like you had cut someones throat blood everywhere!

barry

Friend of mines wife had one come thru her windshield and land in the back seat...while driving at 10:30 at night!!!

Woodsman4God

VAHUNTER

i had a hen pitch off a ridge years ago. she hit on the windshield on the  passenger side of my ole truck. put a hole through the glass you could put your arm through. the scary part was Shelby was in a car seat next to me. we booth got covered with glass. luckly the turkey was the only one that got injured
Good things come to those who wait

chcltlabz

I was watching a beardless tom strut through the yard one day.  The hens led him to the edge of the road and flew across.  Fat lazy tom tried to walk it and lost that gamble.  He got hust high enough off the road to hit the windshield instead of the bumper.  Watched him wander off into the woods and pile up.  Wife was horrified until she realized the freezer was empty of turkey, so she sent me to fetch it.  Sternum was broken but the meat was perfect.  He was tastey.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.