OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Black Box Win Supreme 6 Penetration

Started by donjuan, March 28, 2015, 06:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number17

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on March 29, 2015, 11:26:22 AM
Amen.  Pattern fails before penetration, this is a scientific fact that has been proven so many times that I don't understand how anyone can question it.

With new shell technology that is simply not the case anymore.
Now, Penetration fails before the pattern fails in most guns shooting Longbeard #6.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

10gaugemag

Quote from: owlhoot on March 29, 2015, 06:52:42 PM
ok then what does pattern fails before penetration mean then??

it was already discussed in earlier threads about this pattern before penetration failure after a guy posted his 50 yard or so patterns with long beards. By the poster i quoted.   
Refer to say it aint so on march 6, i believe. Sorry i didnt realize it had been talked about over 20 days ago.

there is also 4 hints , digs whatever you want to call them on this thread about over 40 yards.
[/quote
Sorry about that, actually read it backwards. Penetration will fail before pattern many times. Only exception I can think of is with larger shot,  pattern densities will be gone before suitable energy is gone.

stinkpickle

It's all about velocity.  Has anybody clocked a swarm of Longbeard pellets at 40 yards and compared it to that of a standard turkey load?

owlhoot

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 30, 2015, 11:13:47 AM
It's all about velocity.  Has anybody clocked a swarm of Longbeard pellets at 40 yards and compared it to that of a standard turkey load?
No but we can get it dun, we will use your chronograph.Alrighty! :icon_thumright:

stinkpickle

Quote from: owlhoot on March 30, 2015, 06:33:13 PM
Quote from: stinkpickle on March 30, 2015, 11:13:47 AM
No but we can get it dun, we will use your chronograph.Alrighty! :icon_thumright:

They shoot pretty tight...but not THAT tight.  ;)