OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New To Old Gobbler

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, March 26, 2015, 07:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870supermagnum

:welcomeOG:     :wagon:    I'm not familiar with your gun, but I'm sure someone on here will answer your question.

Big Timber

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: Mike Honcho on March 26, 2015, 09:43:21 PM
Welcome to OG!  I have a Stoeger 3500 doing 275 in 10" at 40 with .665 Jellyhead and 3.5 in Win Longbeard 6's. It also does well with Mag Blends.
Thanks for the info, I went this morning and bought the hev-shot choke tube for my gun. I bought a couple of boxes of the winchester longbeards 6's I hope I can get around 275 with my set up. That's a awesome pattern at 40 yards.  Thanks again

kyturkeyhunter4

I've been looking for a good copper pot call has any one tried Lights Out Custom Call. I've heard he makes a awesome one in the Osage wood.

tomstopper

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on March 27, 2015, 02:17:32 PM
I've been looking for a good copper pot call has any one tried Lights Out Custom Call. I've heard he makes a awesome one in the Osage wood.
Cant speak for his copper but I have his Glass Ceramic, and just ordered a slate, and a glass off him and cant wait to get them. Fantastic call maker. My copper call was made by Mike Yingling and it is awesome.....

RussM311

Welcome aboard...and enjoy your visits.  Magnum Blend.... without a doubt... and I like the Jellyhead.  Have fun working out this "problem".  :-)

Gut Pile

Welcome, you just found the best Turkey sight on the web !!

There is a tremendous amount of advice and knowledge shared here and in a gentlemanly manner at that.

:turkey:
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: tomstopper on March 27, 2015, 02:24:23 PM
Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on March 27, 2015, 02:17:32 PM
Cant speak for his copper but I have his Glass Ceramic, and just ordered a slate, and a glass off him and cant wait to get them. Fantastic call maker. My copper call was made by Mike Yingling and it is awesome.....
Thanks for the information, how would I go about looking at his calls.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.