OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tri Star Raptor, Win LB, IC 665

Started by mathews bowhunter, March 25, 2015, 11:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathews bowhunter

Well...I got me a tri star raptor last month and I'm tryin it out. First thing I did was yank the ugly  sights off and put on a Bushnell red dot. Run some 3" Winchester longbeards thru it.

snapper1982

You will be lucky if this thread doesn't get cut. This is a no talk of over 40 forum.

Tracker760

I think the op is spot on in his testing. Be it a gun, bow, pistol, or spear men have screwed up from time to time sense day one. I practice my bow out to 70 yards but I don't shoot at deer at over 35 yards. It sure makes those 35 yarders into chip shots.

snapper1982

Quote from: Tracker760 on March 26, 2015, 05:16:09 AM
I think the op is spot on in his testing. Be it a gun, bow, pistol, or spear men have screwed up from time to time sense day one. I practice my bow out to 70 yards but I don't shoot at deer at over 35 yards. It sure makes those 35 yarders into chip shots.

I shoot my bow at 70 as well and agree people mess up but that does not mean it is ok to break the forum rules. They are what they are.

mathews bowhunter

Does the forum rules specify I can't pattern my shotgun at 50 yards incase I misjudge distance on a bird? If so, I'll be glad to get off the board....

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Birdyblaster

Those are great patterns! I don't see the issue with posting 50 yard patterns for fun. He never said he planned to shoot a bird that far and I just see it as a confidence builder to know he'll smash them at 40.

mathews bowhunter

I don't know if I can wait 17 more days..... :turkey2: