turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rasp or no rasp?

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 22, 2015, 07:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLCustomTurkeyCalls

My experience with Raspy turkey talk in the woods 99% of the time came from a boss hen.  I will mimic her everytime with my own raspy calling.. and chances are usually good that if you can pick a fight with her,  she will tow in that longbeard gobbeling the whole way!  So yes, IMO you should always have rasp in your vest.  Good topic  R/Eric.  :popcorn:
www.jlcustomturkeycalls.com

JLCustomTurkeyCalls.com
Made in USA  Veteran Owned

jwhunter

To kill turkeys all you need to do is get a turkey noise on a call with the right rhythm and cadence.

IMO 99% of people using mouth calls only call with all rasp b/c they do not know what they are doing on a mouth call.  most people do not know how to properly blow air on a mouth call. most guys have no clue that there is a sweet spot on the call..and saying that those 99% of hunters are killing turkeys year after year.

your calling might be annoying to your buddies... especially your wife but the turkeys wont seem to care.

just have fun

870FaceLift

Lots of more seasoned hunters on this forum than I, but I always carry calls that produce a range of hen sounds.  I've used a different pot call immediately following a sequence on another call and had gobblers respond.  My personal preference is a call with rasp, but ya never know what a tom wants to hear on any particular day.
Pass it on...