OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who has shot a Kicks or Comp-n-Choke card shooter choke?

Started by scdxt, March 21, 2015, 09:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdxt

whos shot these and had any luck with turkey loads in them?

Ihuntoldschool

They would work well with #7 or #7.5 half lead shot.
I shoot #6 shot so they would be overchoked for me.

The card shooter chokes are just as they sound, good for say #7 or #7.5 or #8 shot.  I prefer #6 shot for hunting turkeys.

owlhoot

Ihuntoldschool

The Kicks run 650 for 7.5 shot and 640 for 8 or 9 shot.    More of a target choke than a hunting choke, IMO

Strick9

I have one several prizes not to mention hams and turkeys with a .640 Kicks Card Cutter. They love 7s. I actually won one using one if that makes sense. I don't need two so if you are interested text me at 843-345-4840 , ship it to ya for 40 bucks.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

scdxt

I was just curious since i have shot both .640 and multiple .650 chokes in my M1 Benelli with great results with #6 lead. the .650 shoots 3" hevi 7 in the 250 which isnt bad to me. Thanks for the posts and keep um coming.

scdxt

Quote from: Strick9 on March 22, 2015, 08:06:09 PM
I have one several prizes not to mention hams and turkeys with a .640 Kicks Card Cutter. They love 7s. I actually won one using one if that makes sense. I don't need two so if you are interested text me at 843-345-4840 , ship it to ya for 40 bucks.
What gun is it for?

mrclif

I had a .640 GT card choke and it shot #6 HS great. It was in a short barrel 1300 Winny.